Cpu 100%?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sharp10, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Actually I suspect they came from financial sites; I get a huge amount of associated spam as well.

I'm much more careful about what links I click these days....but the spam continues.

#31     Nov 9, 2006
  2. ceniman

ceniman

cbg.exe seems to be the problem.

Can you locate the file and tell us the folder path name of where it is located.

I don't have it on my system.

Hopefully, by the path name we could determine whether it's good and evil.

#32     Nov 9, 2006
  3. Hi,

I just read the first post of this thread and have no time to read all the other posts, maybe some have already mentioned it, but from what you've said I beleive you have a virus on your system if cpu is at 100% and you cannot determine a geniune application is using it.

I also saw couple of lines of Norton/Mcfee breezing through the posts. I recommend niether. they're not great and slow your computer down.

I highly recommend Nod32. I use it, and it's the best anti-virus there is in my view. it is extremely small and does not slow your computer at all. I'ved used others and in my view it is the best.

nod32: http://www.eset.com

#33     Nov 9, 2006
  4. sharp10

sharp10

Ceniman,
    found CBG.exe and that is not the problem. That's just the program i used for the snapshot. Thanks for looking it up.

#34     Nov 9, 2006
  5. I just checked the 2 snapshots uve put up in the previous post. I don't see any problem there. all processes are normal and i don't see the cpu running at 100%.

u still have a problem?

#35     Nov 9, 2006
  6. sharp10

sharp10

Hi Batman,
    Yes, it just spiked at 100%. But I think you still might be right. MY charting software gets most of the CPU resource.

#36     Nov 9, 2006
  7. if it only spikes to 100%, then that is perfectly normal. if it remains above 80% consistantly to the point that it freezes your computer (esp. when charting software is off) then you certainly have a virus. but I can't see anything suspecious in ur processes.

#37     Nov 9, 2006
  8. sharp10

sharp10

Thanks.

#38     Nov 9, 2006
  9. You could have a trial with an anti root kit tool:

http://free.prevx.com/

Do not trust completely on Spybot or Ad-aware....

#39     Nov 9, 2006
  10. sharp10

sharp10

Thanks Bernard.

Also I am thinking about upgrading some memory, basically going to the max allowed for my system.

Any brand or type in particular?

Thanks to all for the inputs.

#40     Nov 9, 2006