CPO in Europe

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChrisM, Jul 31, 2002.

1. ChrisM

ChrisM

Does anybody know regulations regarding managing funds in European Countries ? Mostly interested in Netherlands, UK, but all tips greatly appreciated.

2. ChrisM

ChrisM

Thx anyway:mad:

3. OHLC

OHLC

I can tell you about anaging funds in France, no idea for the countries you listed...

OHLC

4. I'm from Ireland (hold a UK passport) by way of background. Here is what I found out about this. (I'll speak to the UK in a moment). Ireland has put in place very progressive legislation designed to encourage the establishment of financial service companies in general and hedge funds in particular in Ireland. Luxembourg and Ireland are considered the the two choice locations in Europe for hedge funds to legally locate in these days both from a tax, and from a regulatory standpoint. Notwithstanding that, there are many UK based hedge funds due to the fact that London is a major finacial hub, lots of available talent, ancillary services (legal, clearing etc..). I have the establishment of a hedge fund on my mind some time in the future and did a little research on the subject with that in mind. The major consulting firms have published papers on this, Ernst & Young in particular have a pdf document on starting a hedge fund in Europe. Go to www.ey.com and search under "hedge fund". Also in Dublin, Ireland, there is a law firm specializing in this area called Kilroys. Go to www.kilroys.ie . Lastly there is an outfit called Custom House Group that advise on the subject. Go to www.customhousegroup.com. Hope this helps. Frank Keane

5. ChrisM

ChrisM

I do apprecciate news from France
    That`s all Europe :)

6. ChrisM

ChrisM

... Hope this helps. Frank Keane [/B][/QUOTE]

It really does. Thx Frank.