Cpi

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Sep 16, 2004.

1. #21     May 18, 2005
  2. CPI for May 0.1%
    Core -0.1%

PPI -0.6%
    Core 0.1%

Anualized inflation 3.7% thanks to the jokers in the oil industry.
    Core inflation rose at an annual rate of 2.4% vs 2.2% seen last year.

Just to update
    According to the MBA, fixed 30-year mortgage rates averaged 5.62 percent last week, excluding fees, up 7 basis points from 5.55 percent the previous week. Rates are lower than early April, when the fixed 30-year mortgage was at 5.91 percent.

Interest rates also are much lower than a year ago. The fixed 30-year mortgage rate as of June 11, 2004 was 6.34, according to MBA data.

---------

Homesbuilders and whatnot hitting all time highs.

These high interest rates sure are killing everything.

#22     Jun 15, 2005
  3. June CPI flat as energy prices fall

Excluding food and energy prices, core inflation at the consumer level increased 0.1%.

In the past year, the CPI is up 2.5%, the lowest year-over-year gain since September. The core CPI is up 2% in the past 12 months, in the middle of the Federal Reserve's comfort zone.

------------

Where are the Weimar Germany fans ?

#23     Jul 14, 2005
  4. Nice that energy prices have been so stable this past year :p

#24     Jul 14, 2005
  5. Gas pushes CPI up 0.5% in July

CPI 0.5% with core at the expected 0.1%.

"The CPI has risen 3.2% in the past year, up from 2.5% year-over-year in June. The year-over-year gain in the core rate ticked a tenth of a percent higher to 2.1% in July."

----------------

Thats nice.

#25     Aug 16, 2005
  6. "Energy is a killer, but if you don't use it, you're not seeing a whole lot of inflation," said Joel Naroff, chief economist at Naroff Economic Advisors, a consulting firm in Holland, Pa.

#26     Aug 16, 2005
  7. i always thought they should use an avg. # of some sort. its not just oil,its natgas,electricity and pump gas that sucks.

maybe someone should tell the utilities and oil comps. that these #' are excluded and they shouldnt be taking my $?lol:D

#27     Aug 16, 2005
  8. ...ex food/energy...

If we don't eat, don't drive, don't heat our homes....well...there is no inflation to speak of...

Interesting way of life for the avg person living here...

#28     Aug 16, 2005
  9. CPI for August via BLS

0.5 % while core was up only 0.1%

Since August 2004 inflation up 3.6% with the core at 2.1%

Purdy.

#29     Sep 15, 2005
  10. actually thats not true for the diligent. in my case food has not gone up at my stores if you don't buy prepackaged foods. if you buy produce and prepare it yourself prices have not gone up.

i don't drive much since i trade at home. i make a 10 mile trip to town 1 day a week. gas cost increase is minimal. if i vacation i fly. air fares have not gone up.

i have a total electric house. i pay 2.5 cents per kwh for heat\ac and 7.5 for everything else. it hasn't increased in at least 5 years.

i just bought a new gm truck. it was cheaper than i paid for a similar truck in 1995 and 2000. auto costs have not gone up.

i recently bought a new computer system and 3 lcd monitors. it was cheaper than i paid in 1999.

my trading expenses(isp, software,data) haven't changed for years.

even housing costs are not up all that much in my area. you can still buy a nice new home for <300k here.

the only place costs have really gone up is in services.ins, medical ect. and real estate taxes. things are not that bad if you are prudent.

#30     Sep 15, 2005