Covid lockdown panic was caused by Fauci's "1% error"!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thecoder, Sep 6, 2020.

1. thecoder

thecoder

zdreg likes this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

Death rate depends mostly on the age of the person who gets infected.

There is no single death rate.

apdxyk and murray t turtle like this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Which means that we’ve had all the deaths we were ever going to get. And which also means that lockdown achieved, almost precisely nothing with regard to Covid. No deaths were prevented.

That's exactly what I've been saying, cause that's what the math was saying, math doesn't lie, politicians do.

All the damage and extra deaths so nothing and everyone bought into it and got scared.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

There is an over all death rate, but pretty pointless that being approx 0.05%-0.10%

But 0-18, 1 in 500K
    18-40, 1 in 50K
    40-60, 1 in 20K
    60-80, 1 in 500.
    80+, 1 in 50.

Approx, can't remember extact maths, but UK kids only 4 deaths so tiny.

Even then, it's only killing people pretty much with serious health issues, or Coke habits.

athlonmank8 and murray t turtle like this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

We’ve killed tens of thousands – for nothing

But because we panicked, we’ve added hugely to the toll. Excess mortality between March and May was around 70,000, not the 40,000 who died of/with Covid. Which means 30,000 may have died directly as a result of the actions we took.#

Exactly what I've been saying and getting hate for, sucks to be right, but hey atleast I'm right LOL

6. Tavurth

Tavurth

I have a small python script running on my macbook touchbar, it says global average death rate is currently 3.5%.

Calculated by taking the running infection total from 2 weeks prior and dividing it by current mortality count.
    This is due to Covid19 having a 2 week incubation period.

Global death rate should absolutely be based on age & previous conditions, but it's been nice to watch it drop from 8.9% to this lower number over the course of the last 6 months...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

LOL there on about they've screwed up the maths ( on purpose ) by a factor of 10 and...

Sweden, which did not lock down, has had a death rate of 0.0058 percent.

No it's 0.058% they themselves have screwed up by a factor of 10 LOL

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

That's a Case rate, if we assume it's over which 99% sure is, then the death rate UK is around 0.06% same as Sweden, 1/2 the numbers are bollox so 0.03%.

Sweden no lockdown, so no BS reason for it to have stopped until Herd and yet it's stopped all on it's own at approx the same rate as everywhere else, with lockdowns.

Amun Ra and athlonmank8 like this.
  9. Tavurth

Tavurth

I know a couple of people who've had it, in their late 20s mid 30s and they say it's been similar to the worst flu they've ever had multiplied by 2. So I guess it's not something to lightly mess with if you can avoid it.

10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

1/3 of the population think they're healthy and does not realize they have an underlying medical condition (e.g. borderline diabetes, coronary artery problems, high blood pressure, low oxygen levels).

That's a lot of people walking around that can be exploited by Covid-19 that could result in hospitalization or death.

wrbtrader

#10     Sep 6, 2020