Covid-19: So now what?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is one of the dumbest analogies I've seen yet. Congratulations.

To make the analogy similar, you would have to make the pants out of the netting the Japanese use to catch large tuna. Then see how much pee gets through.

Go compare the virus particles of 70-90 nanometers to the "masks" most people wear in the stores and around the office. Please note I put "masks" in quotes because of the hilarity of what passes as a "mask".

#51     Nov 16, 2020
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Many use them as chin straps. :D . I agree with you, at this point we really just have to go on with our lives.

#52     Nov 16, 2020
    luisHK and Tsing Tao like this.
  3. virtusa

virtusa

I think even this is too difficult for a lot of Americans on the right side.

#53     Nov 16, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't know what its like over there on the east coast, but here in Tampa, people walk around with their nose hanging out. I look at them and go "really? This is how you think this shit works?"

#54     Nov 16, 2020
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Moderna's vaccine is 95% efficient... It is silly to die now when we are this close...

#55     Nov 16, 2020
  6. deaddog

deaddog

What does 95% efficient mean??

From what I gather only 4% of the people in the US that contact the virus die.

#56     Nov 16, 2020
  7. deaddog

deaddog

I would think that any mask is better than none.

How do I know if a mask is effective.

#57     Nov 16, 2020
  8. virtusa

virtusa

Light a candle on. Try to blow out the candle while wearing your mask. If you can blow out the candle, your mask is bad.

#58     Nov 16, 2020
    deaddog likes this.
  9. volpri

volpri

moments ago on the evening news they said latest studies show cloth mask reduce the risk of getting covid or giving covid by 70%. That is pretty effective!

#59     Nov 16, 2020
  10. Translation: I don't agree with what your point of view is.

Your analogy is much less applicable. Peeing produces more liquid, hence the pants analogy is much closer. And you missed the main point, it is used to communicate to dumb people that it's not for their own protection but for others' protection.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    #60     Nov 17, 2020