Covid-19: So now what?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Cry me a river about how hard done you are by Covid restrictions. I doubt we are any more locked up then you are. I can walk our streets 24 hours a day anywhere in the city, my gym is open again ( was closed for 28 days the last 4 months ), the schools are all open, transit never closed. If we are supposedly living in fear, you'll have to explain the evidence we are, I'm not seeing it. In fact, Canada is one of the most level headed calm countries on the planet concerning Covid. 80% of the lost jobs in Canada are recovered already.

#31     Nov 14, 2020
  2. #32     Nov 14, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Locally, you may be OK, but as a country, you are actually beating the US. Here are the current numbers, I transferred them (multiplied according to population) so they are comparable:

Country Daily death Daily infection

US 1500 190K
    France 5500 120K
    Italy 3000 220K
    Spain 2100 140K
    UK 1900 135K
    Germany 900 50K

So except Germany, the other early leaders are still leading. And that answers Baron's question, just do whatever the Germans do.

Also, elect a female leader. Countries with female leaders (Germany, NZ, all Scandinavia except Sweden,etc.) have much lower numbers than their male counterparts. It is like they have more common sense or something.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    #33     Nov 14, 2020
  4. luisHK

luisHK

https://globalnews.ca/news/7455906/covid-19-lockdown-costing-quebec-jobs/

That´s from 3 days ago, cousin ( a chef/cook)and friends left Quebec where they went to work at the announcement of the second lockdown there, it didn´t look like his restaurant zas staying open. Gyms didn´t have to close here btw, nor any other service afaik, since last spring.
    Anyway, good for u, stay fit little girl- Spain was hit by the harshest lockdown in Europe last spring, with apparently a majority of the population supporting it, folks going out their window every evening to clap at nurses who were doing Tik Tok videos in empty emergency rooms. Can´t say I´m impressed with the local folks either. Good thing is after the city reopened people started contemplating the disaster caused by the lockdown while wondering about covid victims and most now don´t want this anymore.
    Spain is among the closest countries we have to emerging economies in Europe, no wonder Canada is faring better, covid and otherwise. No doubt either u are a poor instance of what works fine in Canada.

#34     Nov 14, 2020
  5. luisHK

luisHK

True this, but we had worse numbers in Madrid in September, higher than the numbers in the UK now and when the gov there decided a new Stay at Home order, it was the epicenter on the 2nd wave in Europe - no big deal, and why I don´t see the numbers from the US as panicking. Besides numbers went down without a STay at home order, nor any order to close any business except if they operate between midnight and 6am (nightlife industry has been crushed)
    Besides indeed other provinces in Spain are faring worse atm and have implemented tougher restrictions, some actually asked the Central government for a near total lockdown, which might still come. Numbers in the whole country seem to be improving slightly though, so hopefully Madrid doesn´t add restrictions.
    Don´t think there will be much of Christmas family parties this year in this part of the world btw.

#35     Nov 14, 2020
  6. luisHK

luisHK

#36     Nov 14, 2020
  7. easymon1

easymon1

cued....

#37     Nov 15, 2020
  8. Enforce masks to be worn in public nationwide. First violation, fine the idiot. Second violation, larger fine, third violation prison. Half the country still refuses to wear masks. Either you force them or it will get even much worse. That is how it has to play out.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    #38     Nov 15, 2020
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

@Baron

This ad was made by the German government:

#39     Nov 15, 2020
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

“Panic” .. you hit it the nail on the head. There are more cases now but our feeling of panic has has dissipated, better understanding, seeing loved ones even those with issues survive, etc.. In March there was panic which the media had a lot to do with.

#40     Nov 15, 2020
    Wallet, CaptainObvious and luisHK like this.