Covid-19: So now what?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

And missing your relatives in person would be so bad (as compared to possibly infect them)? Christmas is the most stressful time of the year, we could do without that. Yes, don't visit for Thanksgiving and Xmas, look them up on Zoom. And if grandma survived the next 3-4 months, you can visit her in the spring, when the elderly got their vaccination. Going back to Baron's question, the leadership also needs to give HOPE to people.

Look, it is going to be bad, and we might get another lock down, so it is better the lesser evil, but people have to comply with the rules, and a large part didn't.

#21     Nov 14, 2020
  2. luisHK

luisHK

Interestingly there have been a large increase of petitions from the elderly to disinherit their kids in Spain since the covid came up (read today the number of inquiries went up 5 folds in a specialized service - usually one is forced to transmit most of their wealth to their direct descendants here), as they felt very isolated. First news I got from France when the new stay at home came out a couple of weeks ago was froma cousin ¨I´m fine but it´s going to be tough on Grandma" , Grandma is in her late 90s, this cousin visited her wearing a mask, but not everybody did so).
    Last Spring in Sweden surveys brought to light the elderly were the most favourable to the light touch restrictions. Older folks have been through a lot in life and have little time left, often with poor health, it is very dubious they´d rather be isolated . Not a convincing reason for a lockdown, besides the fact that it sounds perverse to harm a whole population, especially the youth according to studies, in the hope of protecting its most frail portion.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    #22     Nov 14, 2020
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Canadians aren't cowardly; if you spoke this way in Canada there would be immediate consequences. In fact, in general Canadian are far tougher then Spaniards. So you can fuck off with your cowardly ideas save it for in person see what happens.

#23     Nov 14, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Understandable, but sometimes you have to protect people from themselves. If I were 80+ I would feel the same. Also, most of them are religious so they should "know" they are going to see their loved ones on the other side...(sorry for bringing up religion, never works when you need it)

Problem is we live in a society. If grandma is in a nursing home, family infects her, then she is a danger to her living mates. If she ends up in a hospital, she takes a space away from someone who might be there for no-Covid reasons. People are dying because covid infected are overflowing hospitals. And the healthcare people are fed up with them...

The point is, in a society sometimes you have to put community first and individuals later.

#24     Nov 14, 2020
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

lol @ninesucker... sure u sound scary dickhead. Well as mentioned before the border is open here along fighting clubs, so you are welcome to fly ur sorry ass over.
    I´m not going the other way though, thank u. Yet, you, in isolation, can fuck urself or ur ugly wife. We still have girls outside and brothels open if needed, thank u.

#25     Nov 14, 2020
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You're one of the dumbest guys on here, constantly whining about how hard done you are like your friend Turkeyd. Quit your bellyaching develop some fortitude asshole.

#26     Nov 14, 2020
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are responding to a guy in Spain who purposely skirted the rules just before Spain got hit with a monster outbreak. He's an asshole without a conscience.

#27     Nov 14, 2020
  8. luisHK

luisHK

This after thumping on your tiny cowardly chest ? I see shame is no more active than bravery in ur neck of the woods. Anyway, enjoy ur confinement.

#28     Nov 14, 2020
  9. Moving forward, one unified message. No more double standards. No more carving out exceptions. No more pretending the virus is very contagious here but not there as the political narrative suits a particular situation.
    It either very contagious or it isn't. They want people to treat this seriously, then be serious. Don't tell me that my family party of ten will be deadly and then tell me a thousand people in the street isn't just because they proclaim a "just cause". Don't tell me it's dangerous to eat at the local diner, but no problem at McDonalds. Don't pretend Home Depot is safe but the local hardware isn't. No excuses, no special privileges, no more poltically driven bullshit. Until that happens people won't take this seriously, period.

#29     Nov 14, 2020
    Pekelo likes this.
  10. luisHK

luisHK

We´re fine in Madrid, hospitals far from overwhelmed, covid numbers have gone down significantly since the September 2nd peak with moderate restrictions, most people infected hardly or don´t feel they have had covid. Nursing homes were hit hard last spring especially as hospitals didn´t accept their patients, but now over 50% of nursing home patients appear to have immunity, not sure for how long, hopefully until a vaccine come out for them.
    U guys let ur fears talk for u, from the epicenter of this "Monster epidemy" as u write in ur spineless overdramatizing style, it feels like "no big deal"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    #30     Nov 14, 2020