Covestor Top 10 and Bottom 10 Clients

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bwolinsky, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Bill's a friend on facebook. His house is quite large.

#61     Sep 21, 2011
  2. Well I did one a couple months ago. Drawdown was halved, but I haven't looked at the backtest since then. I have my price physics model optimized on NQ to help with my pairs trading, and it was enough for me to see two stops of 7% on QID consecutively taken out of the backtest. This was enough for me to see that it was very robust.

Let's see, one system makes 3,300%, one makes 3,100%. Combine the two? Do you really think that that wouldn't be effective? Come on! How much strategy development have you ever done jsp? Where's your strategies? I don't produce statistics for the fun of it. Analysis is very much a part of my quantitative strategies, and if it isn't obvious from the research whether it works or not it should and will be in the very near future.

#62     Sep 21, 2011
  3. You're very immature, Denner, not me. I've been a representative my entire working life, and before that managed an investment club...profitably.

There's nothing delusional about knowing how well your models work versus the buy and hold option, and there isn't any comparison at all if you look at any instruments that I have ever traded. They've all gone down 90%.

#63     Sep 21, 2011
  4. I stumbled upon this thread on a google search.

Let's look at the performance since inception at covestor shall we...

In 18 months you are up 7.6% with a Max DD of 20%.

On your way to that $500,000!!!

Epic man. Epic. :p

p.s. backtesting doesn't mean crap. I backtested a system that would have returned 100x your invested capital in 8 years (2004-2012). Doesn't mean it will work at all in the future.

#64     Mar 14, 2013
  5. koolaid

koolaid

Live testing or it doesn't mean shit. You test strategies with live trading using small size first. Back testing is a joke. Maybe to brainstorm if anything.

#65     Mar 15, 2013