Covestor Top 10 and Bottom 10 Clients

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bwolinsky, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Well, if you find better performance statistics from any trading simulator I'd love to see them, because those kind of statistics are very rare to find in public places. But you have mine, and if you find someone doing 3,300% in 5 years with 40% drawdown, let me know.

Pairs at 3,300%, and physics at 3,100% with 40% draw. Yeah, find them, then post back here. When you get the original research most companies base their performance on, it is really a game of flipping coins on any 1 trade, but if they have a model like that, be sure to post back, because I don't see those performance summaries anywhere. Not here, on this site, or anywhere really on the internet. No one gives their trades list, they only give allocations and a performance summary like APR, maybe they even have drawdown, calmar and sharpe, but nothing that would facilitate understanding what it is those companies do to make their money.

Lots of Wall Street doesn't allow any creativity.

#41     Sep 20, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

I have been trading a decent amount of time (Since 1992), and honestly...the guys with very good strategies would NEVER tell/sell/hawk what they do outside of their firm/fund. They make plenty of money trading. The ones who do sell their stuff....well...in my humble opinion.....what they do just isn't that great....or they don't have the ability to trade it. A lot of them are just snake oil salesmen.

#42     Sep 20, 2011
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Do you publish sharpes, calmars, etc.?
    Your theoretical model might work but if you are down 9percent in reality after 4 months how do you make 3000% percent in 5 years. That's why o was asking if your actual returns are online with your expected over the same period.

A theoretical model is almost useless because implementation has so many other variables and doesn't allow backfitting (intentional or otherwise).

And no one has a model that males 3000percent over five years. Are you the smartest investor ever?

Real models that people invest in make 15percent with shapes of 3 to 5.

#43     Sep 21, 2011
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

iPhone is useless. Please ignore all the grammar issues above.

#44     Sep 21, 2011
  5. where is the data again? sorry, i can't keep track of all the posts.
    thanks

#45     Sep 21, 2011
  6. Careful using reasoning on this thread...

Let's see -- I can trade for myself/fund, make some real $ and do it privately ... or I can sell my stuff to retail guys for a few hundred/thousand at a time and deal w/ all the pains associated with that.

I think it's pretty clear to see why someone would sell their wares. If it doesn't work, sell it like it does and let someone else lose their $ trading it.

#46     Sep 21, 2011
  7. EPrado

EPrado

Exactly. The few sites I have seen on here mentioned over the years that sell their signals/systems were horrendous. It was obvious that these guys were not traders, but marketers selling the idea of becoming a great trader.

#47     Sep 21, 2011
  8. I've never seen any fund with a 3 year sharpe of 3-5.

As far as smartest investor ever I have competitive strategies.

#48     Sep 21, 2011
  9. jsp326

jsp326

Don't waste your time. Regardless of the credentials he claims to have, he has no real concept of what to expect from backtesting, optimization, walk-forward testing, performance metrics, etc. As I said, instead of focusing on real, quantifiable, edge-producing strategies (i.e,. hard work), he buys into Hersheynomics, astro-price-physics and other garbage from would-be gurus at ET. No serious CTA would waste their time on that stuff.

Hershey's only attempt at real-time trading was in a contest here in 2002 when he quickly lost 26% and ran away like a scared child. Proflogic has never subjected his "systems" to a third-party, real-time auditing service. You'd probably have better success buying $97 systems in an old TradeWins catalog than following local "gurus" on here.

#49     Sep 21, 2011
  10. This is not the point of managing a covestor model or subscription service. You'll want to make as much money possible for any subscriber, so if you're doing what you do with your real money there's nothing wrong with that. The fame and recognition only comes after a long track record gets built up, and as far as losing my edge the edge is too big to go away.

#50     Sep 21, 2011