Covering The Birther "issue" Perpetuated The Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Apr 28, 2011.

1. OK, but is their job to report facts or convince people? Clearly they see their role as attacking amyone who threatens obama. Who can really blame them though. He is their creation.

This could get very ugly because Trump is not used to backing off. If he stays in the race and continues to go after obama hard, the other republican candidates will look like wimps when they are making their little speeches about what a special person they think obama is.

Here's the irony. Obama, the media, the democrat party and much of the establishment republican party think affirmative action is swell. So why the handwringing if obama is shown to have been given favoritism because of it, as we know he almost certainly was? Isn't his success, like that of Colin Powell before him, a ringing endorsement of affirmative action?

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

You're quite right, I thought along these same lines after I submitted. It's worth asking if the media acted unobjectively, defending Obama, or if it were really their talking heads. Every station has them these days, and I think it's getting harder to distinguish at any given moment what you're hearing.

Great point re affirmative action. Though I have seen nothing confirming Obama was a beneficiary--even so, it shouldn't matter. And it would be an ad hominem angle of attack anyway. We always have to return our attention to the issues and the arguments.

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. And Democrats would love that.Trump would destroy the reputation of a moderate republican who has a chance to beat Obama.If Trump is the GOP nominee Obama would destroy him in a general election

#13     Apr 28, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

There is no such thing as unbiased media anymore. You could point me to any news anchor you want and i could find instances of the anchor being biased. Its not as if it didnt go on before, there probably was alot more bias in the media in the 70's/80's then we would like to admit, but the fact of the matter is that the internet, and youtube have become the great equaliser when it comes to pointing out obvious bias.

#14     Apr 28, 2011
  5. This is what i believe, Trump is a plant. In 2012, the electorate will be pissy. They were pissy at Bush in 2004, but Kerry sucked SOOOOO bad that they put Bush back in on the devil you know premise.

So, here is Romney, a real threat. Trump stays in, trashes Romney, or baits Romney to say something stupid, and out of the carnage comes Obama part deux.

#15     Apr 28, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

A conspiracy theory?

#16     Apr 28, 2011