Covered Put Writing

Discussion in 'Options' started by exQQQQseme, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Notwithstanding the sidebar semantic discussion, my point in starting this thread was to point out that this strategy is consistently profitable, particularly in these terrible financial times.

4Q

#11     Feb 12, 2009
  2. The same thing applies to selling covered calls. You can have a lot of in dividual successes picking up change in front of the steamroller. When the day comes, and statistically it will come when you get rolled you end up giving a lot more back. Also if you're doing this on multiple underlyings at the sametime when the market moves more than one deals going to blow up in your face at once.

#12     Feb 12, 2009
  3. spindr0

spindr0

LOL. Bearish strategies perform consistently well in a bear market and vicey versy. BTW, where's Comrade Battie these days? Did he get deported to Canuckia? Oops, already did that...

#13     Feb 12, 2009
  4. I have seen or heard from CB in months, here or elsewhere.

#14     Feb 12, 2009
  5. spindr0

spindr0

Noob, it's nothing exotic. It's the mirror image of a covered call except that your outlook is neutal to bearish instead of neutral to bullish. Same risk and reward spectrum, just in opposite directions.

#15     Feb 12, 2009
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Ehhhh, that's too bad. He was entertaining.

#16     Feb 12, 2009
  7. Not sure why you not just do a simple credit spread (i.e. bear call spread) and you no need to tie up your capital with margin and you stll achieve the same outcome, neutral to bearish expectation...:confused:

#17     Feb 13, 2009
  8. lindq

lindq

Gosh, seems like I've heard those words before.

#18     Feb 13, 2009

9. LOL

#19     Feb 13, 2009
  10. Our monkey, in bearish mode?

Mark

#20     Feb 13, 2009