covered call profit and loss question

Discussion in 'Options' started by IronFist, Oct 10, 2011.

1. You're right, I guess I should have added "at the time of sale" right before I said you're account value is not credit $100 but I thought that was implied.

Shame on me.

#41     Oct 11, 2011
  2. Wrong again.

#42     Oct 11, 2011
  3. #43     Oct 11, 2011
  4. #44     Oct 11, 2011
  5. looooool. You mean there is 20% left of your account. Fcuking frauds don't even understand the concept of a credit balance.

#45     Oct 11, 2011
  6. Fraud? I've been posting real time trades..you are bizarre man talking to you is like talking to a child. You get so caught up on semantics you miss the actual point being made.

Now you are doing the most bizarre thing I've seen yet, calling me a fraud while I've been posting all my trades real time, am I hacking into ET and editing my time stamps or something? geez

#46     Oct 11, 2011
  7. We must have missed some as you're not up 20% in your journal. Nowhere near it.

#47     Oct 11, 2011
  8. I found this site just a couple months ago, about a week before I started my journal. As I stated in my journal I started the portfolio with the equivalent of 20k (20k is a representation of my actual dollar value in the portolio, which is significantly higher).

If you can't take my word that I started the portfolio with 20k, then that's totally fine man. However I have beaten the SPY by 11% in just the 13 weeks I've been tracking the portfolio. I guess I can't have a REAL YTD return until next year since you can't believe me, and I sure as hell am not about to show you my statements.

So for you, my friend, I am ahead of my benchmark index by 11% in 13 weeks.

#48     Oct 11, 2011
  9. So Took2Summit says the proceeds from selling the call are not added to your account immediately upon selling it.

Atticus says this is incorrect (therefore implying that your account is credited immediately).

Seems like this should be pretty easy to empirically prove.

I have no idea which one of those two posters is correct. I don't know much about options. But I'm curious which one of those two is correct.

Why does no one in this thread want to offer evidence to the contrary when they say someone is wrong?

The replies are like "LOL!!! U NOOB U R WRONG AND DUMB!!1!1!!"

Trolling level maximum.

#49     Oct 11, 2011
  10. 1a2b3c:

All I can do is offer my answer based on my own experience.

When I sell a call with my brokerage firm, my account value stays the same, I do not get any more purchasing power or leverage power, and no cash is put into my account. I have to earn the premium during the life of the option.

As I said earlier, If someone knows of a brokerage firm that operates differently then I just stated, please let me know as I will consider changing firms :)

#50     Oct 11, 2011