covered call price drop

Discussion in 'Options' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 4, 2009.

1. MTE

MTE

OK, let's look at the first post one more time:

So he/she is saying that it seems strange that the stock went up today, yet the call price stayed the same as yesterday.

Now, please, show me where in that post noob_trad3r askes or even mentions profit/loss!?

#11     Sep 4, 2009
  2. do you make a difference between call and covered call?

#12     Sep 4, 2009
  3. MTE

MTE

The calls should be winners on themselves if we don't count the delta move!? WTF?

I guess applying the same logic, the calls should be losers on themselves if we don't count the volatility move and time decay, huh!?

#13     Sep 4, 2009
  4. MTE

MTE

Ok, granted the thread name "covered call price drop" is a bit misleading. However, the actual question in the post is simply about the call price and the reason behind the fact that its price didn't change despite the rise in the stock price. The fact that it is a covered call or a naked short/long is completely irrelevant.

#14     Sep 4, 2009
  5. are you asking about the covered calls,or only half of the position-only your short calls?

#15     Sep 4, 2009
  6. spindr0

spindr0

That's such a minor detail!

#16     Sep 4, 2009
  7. spindr0

spindr0

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from acen1975:

no,he ask about his covered calls!
    and even if we take only the calls,they should be winners on themselfs too......
    if we dont count the delta move
    you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

To quote spartacus, you're a real wind up!

Hmmm, is that some sort of watch???

#17     Sep 4, 2009
  8. am i?as i remember you were telling him,that he didnt make money on the covered calls because the IV fell......
    :D

are you sure that you have sold an option yet?

#18     Sep 4, 2009