Covered Call on Wynn, Dividend Capture Strategy

Discussion in 'Options' started by elduerino, Nov 9, 2009.

1. erol

erol

i was visiting new york 2 weeks ago and had pizza on wall st! it was pretty good...

#11     Nov 9, 2009
  2. Thanks for the input, is there anyway you could explain how they "adjust" the price of the options, i'm not qutie clear on it? Will the contract adjust to include the dividend in the price, and therefore not fall on the ex-div date?

thanks

#12     Nov 10, 2009
  3. The dividend is for 4 bucks, so for example the 50 strike will now be the 46 strike and the 45 strike will be the 41 strike and so on. Its a simple way to price in the special dividend since the srikes have already been listed. Go to the OCC web page.

#13     Nov 10, 2009
  4. spindr0

spindr0

Here's a link to the CBOE page where they provide contract adjustment details for recent corporate events. Check out the one for Terra Industries which also declared a large special dividend:

http://www.cboe.com/tradtool/contracts.aspx

#14     Nov 10, 2009
  5. unfilled gap from yesterday, 60 puts penny wide spread. May have to check it out.

• wynn.jpg
      File size:
      109.3 KB
      Views:
    #15     Nov 10, 2009
  6. There is no real gap the price adjustment has to do with the special dividend announced LOL

#16     Nov 10, 2009
  7. I am aware of why it was created that was the point of the thread. The issue is price action before the dividend date. :cool:

#17     Nov 10, 2009
  8. Apparently you believed it was an unfilled real gap as evidenced by the post you made earlier, you made a mistake move on.

#18     Nov 10, 2009
  9. ok

#19     Nov 10, 2009
  10. Banjo

Banjo