Cover and Go long Golden Slacks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Hi nkhoi,

I post all my EOD calls on my website:
    http://www.suriNotes.com

You can see GS call on 6/23/07's blog...

You could also search all Daily calls for the same symbol by clicking on [ ALL ] button next to the chart.

Regards,
    Suri

#11     Jul 28, 2007
  2. #12     Jul 28, 2007
  3. Im not saying that I dont trust this guy, but blogs are easily modified after the fact.

In any event, Goldman Sachs and the rest of the financials was a very common sense call. Here is why I say that.

Let me talk in terms of the XLF. You have price taking a nose-dive in late Feb from 37.99 to 34.18. Then price comes up again and meets 38.15. Then price pulls back from there never going over the top. Soooo.... what does common sense trading tell you? It tells me that price will most probably pull back to half of the advance or may conceivably go lower. In any event, at 38.15 it was a given that price was going to pullback and it was just a matter of how much.

In the case of GS, price made a slightly higher high, but then pullback. On that pullback, again, you could at least figure it would go to half the height of the advance.

My thesis is that BSC, GS and the XLF have all made double bottoms. From here, they will probably advance to the top Bollinger Band (at least in theory).

#13     Jul 28, 2007
  4. hi,

i don't follow Gann Levels or Elliott waves (Used to).... but I am a fan of Fibonacci and all Fib. Related market/harmonic theories.

regards,

#14     Jul 28, 2007

5. Try reading his material before resorting to asinine comments.

Reading these stocks is a relatively simple exercise as evidenced by my prescient posts on GS on your other thread. GS is not yet a buy long if you're a swing trader. You're better off short selling into the bounce up ( suckers buying rally ).

However, if you do want to buy something, take a look at ibkr. Now, that is a buy at the current levels with a stop below 21.

#15     Jul 28, 2007
  6. LOL That's funny, a Gann Fan.:D

#16     Jul 28, 2007
  7. Hi suri, I read your lastest article(Renko) in Aug. TASC as well as June's (range bars).

I like both methods for the simple fact that they are just that...simple. I use them along side traditional bar charts.

What year was your book published*and how does it differ from other chart pattern publications? I'm going to grab a copy.

infolode

Edit: Published 2007*

#17     Jul 28, 2007
  8. Hi infolode,

Thanks for your comments...

My book "Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros" is just released in June 2007. it is widely received great reviews and audience. It is self-published and available through my website... You can see Reviews, Table of Contents at my website:http://www.suriNotes.com

It is 302 pages, 8.5"x11" size book with a Perfect Bound..

The book "Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros" covers 65 of the most popular chart patterns with very detailed and illustrated Trading Charts (2-4 examples per Pattern). It provides Specific Entry, Exit techniques along with Targets and Stops with brief synopsis of each pattern and how/when/where to trade...

It is written for "Traders" with a "Trading Perspective".

You can see my trading background /experience information on my website...

Kind Regards,
    Suri
    http://www.suriNotes.com

#18     Jul 28, 2007
  9. Thanks Suri,

I just ordered a copy and will give feedback. My daughter is the recepient after I'm done-She's twelve but has a great eye and nerves of steel.

Best,

infolode

#19     Jul 28, 2007
  10. Suri,

Great book you wrote on chart patterns.

One of the best if not the best Ive read in a long long time.

Thanks for the good work.

Anekdoten

#20     Jul 28, 2007