Courts Say Christian Church Not Allowed to Practice Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

2. Eight

Eight

queers are the club of choice for beating the Christian Right. Most of us can't say much for fear of incurring a lawsuit [that we could win but can't afford].

The left has used the threat of lawsuit as it's main tool against schools that want to teach evolution. They threaten to sue, the schools know that they can win but they don't want to incur the expense...

3. Ricter

Ricter

Are the anti-gay parts in the Old, or New Testament?

4. Wallet

Wallet

I'm pretty sure it's an "abomination before the LORD" in both.

5. Its in both

6. Pretty unfvcking believable IMHO.

7. Ricter

Ricter

A google search turns up zip about it in the New Testament.

8. Wallet

Wallet

My "pretty sure" was ironic. Leviticus chapter 18 spells it out plainly, homosexuality, bestiality and birth control by infanticide i.e. abortion are abominations.

Paul also explains very clearly in Roman 1: 24-32

9. Romans 1:26

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

#10     Aug 11, 2012