Courtesy of TradeStation Securities Inc - conducting unauthorized trading in your acc

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Kivi, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Kivi

Kivi

Tums

TradeStation´s policy does not give them authority to close positions for their clients without prior authorization before the last trading day. The only reference in their policy to such action pertains to SSF, not commodities contracts. If you wish, I could send you TradeStation's opening account documents for review.

#11     Aug 11, 2008
  2. Shaqi

Shaqi

Some guys here are trading deliverable commodities with no intention of taking delivery but have no idea about or rather ignore the First Notice Day. What are you doing?

#12     Aug 11, 2008
  3. Kivi

Kivi

First of all, the positions I was holding were SHORT, meaning that if I kept them beyond the last trading day I would of been liable for MAKING not "taking" delivery.
    Second of all, the last trading day was on May 30th and the first notice day was June 3rd. I had no intention of keeping the positions open beyond May 30th. TradeStation futures trading desk arbitrarily liquidated my positions on May 28th, two days before the last trading day and against their own written policy.

#13     Aug 11, 2008
  4. Sorry, I meant last trading day.

So, what is TS's policy?

#14     Aug 11, 2008
  5. Kivi

Kivi

I would like to know what other traders did in similar situation and with what results ... anybody out there :confused:

#15     Aug 14, 2008