Court: illegal immigrants have no right to guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, May 8, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Exactly how it should be. A person here illegally who is armed is an invader, not an immigrant.

3. pspr

pspr

I'm sure Democrats will launch an effort in Congress to change that. Just like they want to make self-defense illegal after Trayvon Martin.

4. IMO, illegals have no rights under our constitution, period. They have no right to gun ownership, no right to drive, no right to own property, no right to heath-care, no right to education, no right to any form of government assistance...you get the picture. They have no rights! They are here illegally. Shouldn't take a court ruling to figure this out.

5. IMO, illegals have no rights under our constitution, period. They have no right to gun ownership, no right to drive, no right to own property, no right to heath-care, no right to education, no right to any form of government assistance...you get the picture. They have no rights! They are here illegally. Shouldn't take a court ruling to figure this out.

+1

6. ===========
    Thank you & Capt Obvious:cool:

Actually the BATF [director i think]can grant a permit to a felon to own a gun. So Mr Emmanuel [illegal imigrant] could probably find a legal way...................

I wonder if he bought wisely a hunt liscense??;
    that probably would help him:D . Not a prediction

7. Good post.. its insulting that this is even an issue.

8. Actually this is not correct. The courts have ruled that constitutional guarantees apply to anyone physically in the country, legal or not. Equal protection, due process, search and seizure, etc. I think the Miranda in the landmark Miranda case was an illegal. A court in California overturned a referendum there that outlawed most state benefits for illegals on constitutional grounds. Weak grounds, in my opinion, but the democrat governor didn't appeal.

Illegals do not have the full panoply of constitutional rights. They have no right to vote , for example, except in california and Illinois. LOL.

The Second Amendment is premised on the need to be prepared to defend the freedom of the people. It would seem odd to apply it to illegals, who can be said to be a threat to that very freedom. On the other hand, we need to be vigilant when courts start trimming back the reach of the Second Amendment. In this case, I support the court's ruling.

9. You are correct, hence the, IMO, which prefaced my statement.

10. ========
    Thank you Capt Obvious.
    Be careful what you wish for.After GA tough new immigration law;
    no undocumented workers showwed up, so millions of $ of fruits & veggies rotted................

Google article says Washington, N MEX,,Utah illegals can get drivers lisc................................... :cool:
    Partial disclosure i took basic training in TX;
    but dont live there:cool:

#10     May 10, 2012