Couric Exhibit A For Liberal Media Bias

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 2, 2008.

1. She should have said, "Why I just listen you every night Katie. Don't you think that's enough?"

Seriously, did this come after the witch had berated Palin demanding that she recite 26 years of McCain's congressional record? Hell, even McCain couldn't do that. She might just have thought there was no way she was going to win with a biased interviewer like the witch.

#21     Oct 2, 2008
  2. Speaking of partisanship, are you aware that Biden had used excerpts of Kinnock's speech quite regularly and always gave him credit for it? It just slipped in the debate that he did not. If he had been trying to pull a fast one, as you seem to be implying, I don't think he would have tried to do so with a passage that he had used repeatedly in the past, each time crediting the author.

#22     Oct 2, 2008
  3. The basic question -

"What newspapers/journals do you read regularly?"

has NO bias in it at all.

I can see that some are concerned about Gwen Ifill moderating the VP debate, and it is likely that anyone with a desire to see bias has already seen it without the debate even done.

If McCain's campaign ok'd her to be moderator, then the beef is with the McCain team.

But if "What newspapers/periodicals do you read regularly?" is going to be seen as an attack, questions in the debate are going to cause coronaries.

#23     Oct 2, 2008
  4. Then why did Palin not just say at the outset that she didn't know? Rather, she first tried to slither out of it. That's the not-so-endearing part. Had she simpy responded that she didn't know off hand, I think she would have fared better. I think that her reptilian slirthering has a lot to do with the growing dissonance. That and not knowing stuff she should reasonably know (and I do NOT mean the correct answer to EVERY question).

#24     Oct 2, 2008
  5. Then again - it may have been a trick question...

Like when your wife/gf asks you "Does this make me look fat?":D

#25     Oct 2, 2008
  6. What do you want? I already said she didn't handle it very well. You won't address the real issue though, which is media bias. In the overall scheme of things, I'm not terribly interested in what Sarah Palin reads. I do think viewers would like to know that Joe Biden was one of five Senators to vote against the Alaska pipeline, and that he was forced out of an earlier presidential campaign for blatant plagiarism. The media act like it's impolite to mention that, kind of the same treatment they give Kennedy over Chappaquidick.

#26     Oct 2, 2008
  7. Except for her lap dogs at Fox, I think that attempts to slither tend to goad journalists who take any pride in their work. It means that the interviewee is trying to pull a fast one, and most people don't like to be treated as fools. Making mistakes can be ok. Not knowing the answer ~can be ok. Trying to get away with something raises antennae.

#27     Oct 2, 2008
  8. jem

jem

Oh lets pick on the typo. Why not pick on the earlier sentence - which makes no sense at all.

I type between clients, phone calls and trades. I make a ton of mistakes.
    ----

What did Obama do? I am not even sure we can mark him as present for the exam. He failed.. and failed in a mighty way. No plan, no leadership - no guts - no brains - no merit.

And know I know why he has no experience - he shys away from important things which could have negative consequences.

He is over his pay grade and clearly out on a diving board over a pool way too deep for his confidence or skills.

He needs some seasoning at the very least.

#28     Oct 2, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bingo!

#29     Oct 2, 2008