Countries which do not tax traders' capital gains...

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by OxonianTrader, Nov 2, 2003.

1. You don't know what you are talking about!

#41     Nov 3, 2003
  2. lundy

lundy

Germany, temporarily. They are drafting a new tax law, in the meantime it's zero.... then it will be like 8%.

#42     Nov 3, 2003
  3. Cayman has no direct taxation. Bahamas too I beleive. These are nice places if you live in the upscale areas or in the resort areas. Big rent, but fine quality of living.

#43     Nov 3, 2003
  4. Hi H2O,

How come I keep on running into well off Dutchman abroad on the run for the Dutch taxman? What is meant in Holland by "average invested capital"? This probably means you hold on to investment for over x-months. A trader doing a couple of tens of RT's a day, would his capital be treated as "invested capital" taxed at 1.2%?

nononsense

#44     Nov 3, 2003
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Mentioned the Liechtenstein formula earlier in this thread and can say I have had personal knowledge of its use by a very big operator in futures/corporate arrangements to effectively and legally avoid almost all tax on both income and capital.

It can be done with a little complexity as was this case in which event there would have been substantial legal fees or it can be done simply for say a sole trader in which case legal and other costs are more modest.

#45     Nov 3, 2003
  6. Gibraltar offers almost 0 taxes -- sunny and english speaking -- many eurex traders from europe move there, I have heard

#46     Nov 3, 2003
  7. Tea

Tea

Watch out for the bug ship :D

#47     Nov 3, 2003
  8. I have substantial legal authority as well as case law that the frequency of trading is not a deciding factor in determining whether you are an "investor" in Holland. I have consulted top legal counsel and tax counsel and I believe I am correct. There is no SS tax on capital gains in Holland

#48     Nov 3, 2003
  9. Are there some other factors, like investment income being the sole income stream etc. ?

I have heard a lot of different opinions on this topic here on ET over the last year :confused:

#49     Nov 3, 2003
  10. alextn

alextn Guest

i think this is true, as I have done it before.
    but if you are NOT a US resident, I believe you can live in Hong Kong, trade US stocks and not be taxed at all for capital gains. Which in my opinion is a great situation, if i make it as a prop trader, I definitely intend on moving there. Is this correct? Or do my gains get taxed somehow by the US?

#50     Nov 9, 2003