counter trending in the stock index futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by diversions, Mar 28, 2009.

1. YM BAUGHT 7437

#11     Mar 30, 2009
  2. TARGET 7475

#12     Mar 30, 2009

3. Try support & resistance, friend. Draw straight lines. Read some articles on it.

Indicators don't work! :p

#13     Mar 30, 2009
  4. I SOLD OUT 7467
    I CHICKENED OUT WAS SUPOSED TO HOLD OUT FOR 75
    BUT HEY THAT WAS A 4 TO 1 RISK REWARD
    SO I DONT CARE IF IT WAS THE BOTTOM OF THE DAY
    GOOD THING TODAY WAS I HELD OUT FOR THE PERFECT SETUP
    AND WAS REWAREDED FOR NOT TAKING THE SEMI PERFECT ONE
    THE NEGATIVE IS THAT I RAN OUT ABIT EARLY
    I TOLD MY SELF THAT IF I EVER RUN OUT EARLY FROM A TRADE
    I CAN DO THAT AS LONG AS IT IS THE LAST TRADE OF THE DAY
    SO THIS IS MY LAST TRADE TODAY
    MADE 150 AFTER COMMSSION - MY CURENT BALANCE
    ONE DAY I WILL FIGURE OUT HOW TRADE STAION KEEPS SCORE

#14     Mar 30, 2009
  5. so i just sold the nq at 1238 going for 1224 min

earlier i tried to sell it but got zapped for 70 dollers

#15     Mar 31, 2009
  6. out at 1238 brake even as the market had moved enough for me to bring my stop to brake even
    if it drops like a stone from here so be it

i would not get in under these conditions so why stay in just cause i happen to be there

#16     Mar 31, 2009
  7. sold the ym 7581

#17     Mar 31, 2009
  8. i am looking for 7521 if it brake just abit more i will move stop to brake even

#18     Mar 31, 2009
  9. so i move my stop to brake even at 81 and ether it gets hit or 21

#19     Mar 31, 2009
  10. I do my counter trend with the NQ and I do my trend with ES, although I have to admit a couple of my setups I use are earlier on trend and depending on time/tick frame could be seen as counter trend. I use NQ for counter just to seperate it from my trend trades. I will scale in with a predetermined uncle point, ie I am wrong and its time to take my punishment. There is no latitude on it either. I don't double down, just have support/ resistance points I use to add when my setup is still valid. I also will take into consideration time of day and type of market the day has been to that point as well as range. I actually don't allow much wiggle room on the trades and often don't leave myself room to add. I can always try again and if I miss it, so be it. Where as I don't always put a target in right away on a trend trade, I have the counters setup to put in an intial target and a drop dead stp, which I can adjust after in, but have just in case it blows out as soon as I enter, and it has. There's my quick 2 cents.

#20     Mar 31, 2009