Countdown to Horowitz beginning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, May 16, 2019.

1. piezoe

piezoe

You are truly naive. You probably even believe the Twin Towers attack was an inside job by the "deep State." These investigations are going to go on and on because they are purely political. There purpose is to sucker those like yourself. Of course democrat led investigations can also be politically motivated. How can you tell the difference then between a substantive investigation based on evidence of wrong doing and a purely political exercise for the benefit of naive "deep state-ters" such as jem and yourself?

It's extremely easy actually, and there are a number of reliable ways to distinguish purely politically motivated investigations -- Darrel Isa's specialty -- from the real thing. For those less well informed, such as yourself, and for those who get their news from FOX and their conspiracy theories from youtube and infowars, perhaps the easiest way to tell the serious investigations from the political stunts is to make note of the number of grand juries, indictments, guilty pleas, big fines and prison sentences that come out of the "investigation."

If years of constant and repetitive investigations into the same thing yield no grand juries, no indictments, then you've been had if you bought into those investigations and believed they were anything other than political gamesmanship. It may be time for you to grow-up and get a life.

#21     May 16, 2019
  2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

#22     May 16, 2019
  3. I guess you think that it is time for the independent Inspector General to grow up and get a life too.

And you and your ilk seem perfectly content to immerse yourself in cheering Nadler/Schiff political hacks on even though no indictments of Trump occurred after a two year investigation.

Fortunately, your views do not matter. The opinions and actions of the inspector general and John Durham do. I will let you know when your view matters.

But if you think that grand jury indictments and guilty pleas validate the entire process then we can play that game if you want. Let Durham work on it for a couple years and we will see what comes of it. Oh, and his indictments wont be for business associates of McCabe who didnt pay their taxes ten years ago.

You know you are coming mighty close to saying that any investigation of bad actors who were Clinton supporters is a witch-hunt. I AM SHOCKED!!!!

Just keep whining like a pussy and see if that makes the Inspector General and the newly appointed prosecutor go away. I am guessing it won't, but that's just me.

#23     May 16, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Trump??? It is my understanding that the Mueller investigation was aimed at discovering what the Russians did with regard to the 2016 election. It was a wildly successful investigation leading to many indictments and several behind bars or awaiting sentencing.

You've learned nothing about what I tried to teach you about how to know if an "investigation" is legitimate or simply political nonsense. We don't know about Nadler and Schiff's committees yet. They have just begun. You will know soon enough. In about 18 months or less, I would guess, you will know if their committees results yield indictments, impeachments etc. You're going to see some contempt citations right away. A very serious matter. And you already have one court ruling on the side of the committees. So just be patient, and in the meantime. try to get a life.

I probably should let you know something you may not be aware of. Trump and Nadler are old combatants from way back. Nadler won all the previous battles in Manhattan! So if you are going to bet, you know now which side to put your money on.

P.S. -- how's the weather in St. Petersburg today? Typically cool I imagine.

#24     May 16, 2019
  5. That's what you losers say when you and your white knight Mueller could not deliver and make the big kill, just as I said he would not, based on his history.

Don't kid yourself. This was ALL about bringing Trump down either through prosecution or impeachment. TOTAL FAIL.

"Wildly successful?" Yeh, sure. Just keep on self-stimulating over carter page, popadoupolis, mannafort, and cohen. I wonder how many of those little episodes both you and meuller would have been willing to trade for being able to get Trump. How bout maybe all of them and your left nut too? Ya think.

FAIL.

#25     May 16, 2019
    LacesOut, traderob and WeToddDid2 like this.
  6. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

#26     May 17, 2019
  7. Ha ha...Watergate...crack a book Trump

#27     May 17, 2019
  8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/16/sean-hannity-devastating-fisa-abuse-report-by-doj-/

Sean Hannity: 'Devastating' FISA abuse report by DOJ inspector general coming, sources say

Lindsey Graham's response: 'If you love the rule of law, you'll be very upset'

“We now have two sources that told the FBI and the DOJ, the upper echelon, not the rank and file, I always make the distinction,” Mr. Hannity said. “I am told in both cases that with the [former British spy Christopher Steele] dossier, that [Department of Justice lawyer Bruce] Ohr warned them it was unverified — Hillary paid for it, Steele hated Trump. Also, now, we have the emails before the first application went in. It sounds like a premeditated conspiracy to commit fraud on a FISA court. I’m also hearing: Horowitzis done and it’s devastating.

I can’t tell you what he found, but I can tell you that if you care about the rule of law you’re going to be very upset about how the DOJ and the FBI behaved themselves during the 2016 election,” he said. “If you hate Trump, you won’t care. If you love the rule of law, you’ll be very upset.

#28     May 17, 2019
    traderob likes this.
  9. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

What libtards are not understanding is that it wasn't limited to Trump.

Perhaps one day you will figure out my profile pic.

#29     May 17, 2019
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/07/politics/wray-senate-hearing-spying/index.html

FBI Director Wray distances himself from Barr's use of 'spying' on Trump campaign

By David Shortell, CNN

Washington(CNN) FBI Director Christopher Wray told a Senate panel Tuesday that the bureau is "working to help" Attorney General William Barr as he reviews the origins of the Russia investigation, but distanced himself from Barr's use of the phrase "spying" at a separate hearing last month.

"Well that's not the term I would use," Wray said.

"Lots of people have different colloquial phrases," he added to a Senate appropriations subcommittee. "I believe that the FBI is engaged in investigative activity and part of investigative activity includes surveillance activity of different shapes and sizes. To me the key question is making sure that it's done by the book consistent with our lawful authorities."

The period of time has come under scrutiny as President Donald Trump and his allies have focused attention on the use of government surveillance, referring to the story as "Spygate."

Appearing before the same Senate panel in April, Barr said "I think spying did occur" on Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

Wray said he and Barr were staying in "fairly close contact" on the subject.

"Now that the special counsel investigation is completed and having only recently returned to the department the attorney general is seeking to understand better the circumstances at the department and the FBI relating to how this investigation started and we're working to help him get that understanding. I think that's part of his job and part of mine," Wray said.

The Justice Department's inspector general is also reviewing the issue.

Asked by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, a New Hampshire Democrat, if he had any evidence of illegal surveillance by the FBI into the 2016 presidential campaigns or people associated with the campaigns, Wray said, "I don't think I personally have any evidence of that sort."

Barr drew immediate criticism for his use of the term "spying" from Democrats,who said that the attorney general was mischaracterizing the FBI's counterintelligence investigation in an effort to please Trump.

Testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week, Barr defended his use of the word, telling lawmakers it was done "off the cuff" and calling backlash to it "faux outrage."

"I don't think the word spying has any pejorative connotation at all," Barr said. "I think 'spying' is a good English word that in fact doesn't have synonyms because it is the broadest word incorporating really all forms of covert intelligence collection."

In March 2018, amid calls by Republican lawmakers for a second special counsel to investigate how the Russia investigation began, then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed that he had designated a sitting US attorney to look into allegations that the FBI abused its powers in surveilling former Trump foreign policy aide Carter Page, among other issues.

At the same time, the office of the DOJ inspector general, Michael Horowitz, confirmed it would "review information that was known to the DOJ and the FBI at the time the applications were filed from or about an alleged FBI confidential source" and "review the DOJ's and FBI's relationship and communications with the alleged source as they relate to the (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court) applications."

A US official last month could not explain to CNN how the investigation by the US attorney, John Huber, factored into the Barr review.

Barr said he expected Horowitz's review will be completed in May or June

#30     May 17, 2019