Coulter slurs John Edwards...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Sheesh, lighten up. She satisfies a need for raw meat delivered in a bittingly humorous but literate package. The left has Jon Stewart, Letterman and the now departed Molly ivins. Surely the right is entitled to one.

#11     Mar 3, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

game plan----

1 call bush "hitler"

2 whine and complain when someone on right calls edwards a fag

#12     Mar 3, 2007
  3. Hey Z, why do almost all the attacks on Coulter at that website make fun of her appearance in terms usually only heard in rap videos? How is that different from her poking fun at "Pretty Boy" Edwards? Is it just the traditional liberal hypocrisy, one rule for your side, another for anyone who disagrees?

#13     Mar 3, 2007
  4. Coulter is a "neocon whore", but the idea that Ewards is a faggot bothers you? LOL! I see your absence wasn't spent on learning any logic was it?

OldTrader

#14     Mar 3, 2007
  5. she supports an illegal war based on lies. close to a million innocent people have died and she goes on fox and yucks it up. did you watch the videos of her bashing the 9/11 victim's families. i see it doesnt bother you but it does me. if she wants to call the widows names you better fck'ing well believe i will call her a whore. she gets paid by Fox to support the neocon agenda which directly commits treasonous crimes against this country and its people. they continue to cover up the 9/11 inside job as seen by the BBC's monumental blunder earlier this week when they magically reported wtc7 had collapsed while the bldg stood intact in the background.

tell me who needs the logic refresher course old traitor? btw, i see the RE bubble is accelerating. everytime i visit the HP blog i think of you. LOL LOL LOL

http://housingpanic.blogspot.com/

enjoy :D

#15     Mar 3, 2007
  6. Okay, say Condi decided to enter the race.

Would it be okay for a well known liberal "pundit" (say Al Franken) speaking in front of a convention of liberals to call her Condi a dyke? A kiki? A leatherdyke? A drag queen? A dude that looks like a lady? A queer? A faggot? A fudge packer? An androdyke? A quaggot? A butch? A tranny?

#16     Mar 3, 2007
  7. How dumb for her to give fuel to the other side. However,

UPDATE II: Previously, Coulter has put “even money” on Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) “[c]oming out of the closet,”

Don't bet against this. It's going to be a real problem for Clinton. The Republicans won't use it unless they have to.

The Clintons made many mistakes. But mistreating the Federal employees who see their every move is just foolish.

#17     Mar 3, 2007
  8. What's the story on this lez angle with Hillary? I'm a sicko and this interests me. :p

#18     Mar 3, 2007
  9. The problem is that by the end of this campaign the right wing media will have the american public ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED Edwards is was always been a 'faggot'. They will have spotted him at the Sydney Mardi Gras eating cheese and talking French!

I still cannot believe how Carl Rove and his goon squad made John Kerry a well known legitimate decorated war veteran, look like a draft dodging coward (Interestingly, exactly what Cheney, Bush et al actually are!) in the last election.

From here in Australia we could watch it unfold. It was like a comedy but nobody here was laughing.
    I wonder if you americans actually see how contrived your "news" is?

From this end of the earth looking down (up?) what the right-wingers do in the USA looks always like a corruption of the democratic process.

#19     Mar 3, 2007
  10. March 4, 2007
    G.O.P. Candidates Criticize Slur by Conservative Author
    By ADAM NAGOURNEY

WASHINGTON, March 3 — Three of the leading Republican presidential candidates on Saturday denounced one of their party’s best-known conservative commentators for using an antigay epithet when discussing a Democratic presidential contender at a gathering of conservatives here.

The remarks by Ann Coulter, an author who regularly speaks at conservative events, were sharply denounced by the candidates, Senator John McCain of Arizona, Rudolph W. Giuliani of New York and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. Their statements came after Democrats, gay rights groups and bloggers raised a storm of protest over the remarks.

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference before an overflow crowd on Friday, Ms. Coulter said, “I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards.”

Mr. Edwards’s aides responded with an e-mail message that attacked Ms. Coulter and urged supporters to donate to Mr. Edwards’s campaign. “John was singled out for a personal attack because the Republican establishment knows he poses the greatest threat to their power,” said his campaign manager, David E. Bonior. “Since they have nothing real to use against him, Coulter’s resorting to the classic right-wing strategy of riling up hate to smear a progressive champion.”

Ms. Coulter, asked for a reaction to the Republican criticism, said in an e-mail message: “C’mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean.”

At the conference, she said she was likely to support Mr. Romney.

The criticisms by the Republican candidates put them in a difficult position because the Conservative Political Action Conference has been gathering for conservative and Republican leaders for over 25 years.

The speakers this year included Vice President Dick Cheney and most of the presidential candidates, whose presence suggested the political influence the group holds in the party’s nominating process. Mr. Cheney was not at the event on Friday.

Of the major Republican candidates, only Mr. McCain did not attend, but he denounced her remarks on Saturday morning. “The comments were wildly inappropriate,” said his spokesman, Brian Jones.

Mr. Giuliani said, “The comments were completely inappropriate and there should be no place for such name-calling in political debate.”

Kevin Madden, a spokesman for Mr. Romney, said: “It was an offensive remark. Governor Romney believes all people should be treated with dignity and respect.”

Mr. Romney preceded Ms. Coulter at the event and mentioned that she was speaking later — he jokingly referred to her as a “moderate.” But he was not in the room when she spoke, Mr. Madden said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/us/politics/04coulter.html?_r=3&hp=&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print

#20     Mar 3, 2007