Coulter bitch slaps Olbermann (again)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Keith Olbermann is a personality. As obnoxious as he may seem to you he is nowhere near as bad O'Reilly who is an arrogant blowhard and actually insults his guests on air.

NBC has a shady past. Ashley Banfield anyone? She used to be a rising star but one comment about Iraq war and boom. Back when "W" was strong (pre katrina) people did not mock him openly but when he was on the way out Chirs Mathews flat out implied W was a moron. NBC is a business. Which means they will not sacrifice their franchise to "tell the truth" when it is highly unpopular. Implying that bush was a moron in 2002 would have been suicidal. There used to be a great period of high quality journalism in the US when Edward R Murrow and then Walter Cronkite could engage in high quality reporting. Now it is a busiess of low risk reporting.

#21     Mar 10, 2009
  2. Honest question: Can the left even bare to watch Olberman?

I occasionally tune in to hear what he is currently ranting about, (perhaps 4-6 times in my life), and am so turned off by this twat it becomes unbearable within 2-3 sentences.

Olberman should do his show while lying on coach, perhaps he could get the psychiatrist demographic. (i think it would improve his ratings)

#22     Mar 11, 2009
  3. This is the great myth among republicans that the left is addicted to olberman's every word. Nobody in the right mind would call Olberman (it is not a talk show but still) and proudly proclaim to be a ditto head or sign up and pay money to watch OLD clips of his show...

I watch Olberman once in a blue moon for enteratinment purposes only. My opinion on NBC as a news source is that it is mediocre.

PBS/BBC/Reuters IMHO are more sophisticated and objective sources.

#23     Mar 11, 2009
  4. Reliable sources have it that Olbermann's entire viewership consists of Thunderwuss, a few other ET moonbats, and about 100,000 Canadians so bored to tears with their daily Canadian existences that they must look south for all kinds of "stimulus."

#24     Mar 11, 2009
  5. I don't think its a "great myth", I don't think many people, left or right, care one iota about this twat.

I will say this, he does a good job representing the left though

#25     Mar 11, 2009
  6. Respect.

I would say the majority of people on both sides of the spectrum watch these talking heads for entertainment occassionally and for those purposes only. The reason they get entertainment out of it is because they generally agree with the person politically whether it is Olbermann or Rush. Politics is like rooting for different baseball teams. If there is a guy on television ranting about how bad your rival is then it should be fun watching him but you won't beckon to his every word everyday unless you truly think all the members of the yankees are bastards who kill babies.

The radically dysfunctional political junkies around here who consider all conservatives to be racist and all liberals to be communists comically can't understand that they are of the exact same shit pile.

Hence the entertainment of the politics forum. :cool:

#26     Mar 11, 2009
  7. From the first page of this thread before I posted anything here:
    And so, in the immortal words of Jon Stewart, "Fuck you." (And take halfaboy with you.)

#27     Mar 11, 2009
  8. I told you I needed better insults.

See calling you a thunderpussy is widely used by the members of this forum so I feel like my insults just aren't up to par.

Once again could you PM me with your list of teenage insults? Come on, quit being stubborn.

Remember Thunderdog. It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault!

#28     Mar 11, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Kinda like some of us quote you here on ET eh?

:)

#29     Mar 11, 2009
  10. You just can't help but follow me around, can you? Is it me, or do you just love a parade?

#30     Mar 11, 2009