Could you resist ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Babak, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Many older ATMs used to be easy to steal from. All you had to do was wait 60 seconds and the ATM would suck your money back in and it would cancel the transaction. However, if you withdrew $400 and carefully removed the middle bills, the machine would still sense the money and assume it was all there and suck it back in (all $40) and leave you with $360.

#11     Jan 16, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

Yeah, but didn't those machines also keep your card? They must have had a way to match the transactions somehow (just a guess)

#12     Jan 16, 2003

3. but what if you were going to be paid, say, $1billion for it? would you reconsider? just think rs7, 1 goddam billion. all yours. for what? some momentary discomfort over a silly moral hangup?

and it was going to be so well organized that there was next to zero chance of you being caught?

#13     Jan 16, 2003
  4. and just think the grand life you'd have ... fast women, hot cars, fine dining, wild all nite rock'n'roll parties...

hell... i have that now:cool:

think about it rs7, the moral consternation will last only about 50 years at best, then..well after which you won't care one iota.:D

#14     Jan 16, 2003
  5. rs7

rs7

Dan, I always knew you were a bit twisted. But now you have outdone yourself.

First off, what the hell do I need with another $1billion?

Secondly, zero chance? No such thing.

Third, "silly moral hangup"? Dude, you KNOW I am a Cardinal in line to become the next pope (part time job, but still gotta take it seriously to some extent). And, what if there really IS a god? Now obviously I am a Cardinal for the money and the cool red robes. And don't forget the hat. But, just for argument's sake, wouldn't God know what I did, and eliminate me from the running when JPII bites the dust? I DO have my ambitions, and am not ashamed. I LOVE that PopeMobile. And that is the ONLY way to get one!!!

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#15     Jan 16, 2003