Could you make your trade at the last minute?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kwtrade, Jul 26, 2007.

1. kwtrade

kwtrade

A day like today is a good day to measure whether your broker can handle its clients.

I tried to redeem two mutual funds online with T.Rowe price... but got this message at 3:45ish

-----
    503 - Service Not Available

We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete your request at this time.

For transactions and information on your T. Rowe Price mutual fund accounts:

Please try our Tele*Access service at 1-800-638 2587. You may also contact a Shareholder Service representative for assistance at 1-800-225-5132 between 7 AM and 12 midnight ET, Monday through Friday, and between 8:30 AM and 5 PM ET on weekends.
    For transactions and information on your Brokerage & Brokerage Advantage accounts:

Please try our Tele-Trader service at 1-800-638-8879. You may also contact a Brokerage representative for assistance or to place a trade, at 1-800-225-7720, between 8 AM and 8 PM ET, Monday through Friday.
    Workplace Retirement accounts:

Please try our Plan Account Line at 1-800-401-3279, To insure your call is routed correctly, please enter your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number.

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause
    -------
    So I called, and sat on hold, and in the end ended up not able to sell what I wanted because the whole thing took so long. On the phone, The service rep even said to her computer, "come on computer..."

So I am interested in hearing other experiences.... good and bad.

Funny, but days ago I had the felling that I needed to get out of MF just for this problem -- end of day selling...