Could we ever have another Depression?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, May 11, 2007.

Could we ever have another 1930's type Depression

1. YES WAY

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. NO WAY

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. This has been debated many a time..
    Some say that there is no way we could ever have a 30's type Depression again.
    Others say 'Of course we could"..
    I think so, but who knows...

Failing my incredible analysis, I'm interested if you think it's possible...

2. Poo Poo, I've been depressed for over a year now. It's horrible and I hate it. So yes, this is a depression for some. :(

3. Whatsa matter?

4. I think with the leverage available in the Stock Markets, who wouldn't want to buy stocks. Every Joe Schomoe can now afford stocks ten times their money. Who in the world would ever sell stocks?? :D (1925)

5. If people and governments can't pay back their debts without having to print money to pay it back with.

People had borrowed too much in the 20's and when the Fed tried to tighten, they made it the economy turn downwards. Things going down tend to accelerate quickly, IMO, especially when they are too high to begin with based on borrowed money.

6. If we got into one, we'd have to go to war with someone again....any ideas? :p

7. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Canada comes to mind.

:D :D

8. Of course.

Not only can we, but we will. History always repeats itself.

The only issue is when. Figure that out within even a 5 or 10 year time frame, and you can be an instant billionaire (using a small capital base).

9. Cool...tell me how...