Could use some help from someone knowledeable with IB execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Burns' Suit, Jan 23, 2019.

1. I trade futures. Is there any way at all to add multiple target orders when sending out a bracket order?

I've gone through the release notes and the knowledge base and have tried some changes, but I'm not finding it very intuitive. I've also sent a couple of emails to IB, but Unfortunately I've never received a reply.

If anyone could help me with this or tell me a different method to achieve what I'm after I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Do more than one bracket order, each with their own target and stop.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

If you go to your (up top) Tool Bar buttons and insure that "Transmit All" is there, you can create separate QuoteMonitor pages for whatever sets of underlying that you usually trade as a basket (whether for multiple futures, futures+underlying, underlying+options).

Once the contract lines are set up, then build the orders as you'd wish them to be, just holding off on the Transmit.

When you see the conditions you wish to see, "Bingo!" You hit the Transmit button and work your orders into their markets.

4. Palindrome

Palindrome

I typically send out (2) bracket orders per entrance/exit, you simply enter 2 bracket orders

The entrance is slightly different, stop slightly different, and profit target slightly different.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We offer RealTick and CQG QTrader which both have bracket orders. I was only able to review the help file for QTrader. It does not have the option with one order to have many target prices. I would expect without automation, multiple order tickets are the only solution.