Could use some advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by makingmarkets, Jun 27, 2011.

1. My apologies for the somewhat unusual first post and thanks for reading... In the past 6+ years I've made about $1,500,000 in profits by trading full-time, starting with about $60,000. Here's a video proof of profits in my largest account: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30483503/proof_profits_1024x768.wmv (note: I changed my Ameritrade username to make that video)

I need to make/earn another $1,000,000 or so to reach my personal financial goals. Unfortunately the profits generated by my strategies have been steadily declining so I need a new approach for that last million. I believe I would fit well in a quant hedge fund, but could use some advice on how to break into the industry (I'm nowhere close to NYC/CT) and what kind of compensation package to expect? I am not interested in low-comp junior positions. If I can't get $150K+/year for starters, I'll just go back to being a software engineer and trade on the side. I'm open to any other job as well, as long as it pays well.

My non-trading background is bachelors and masters in computer science from top schools followed by a number of years as a software engineer.

To head off any questions/doubts:
    1) Yes, I realize my proof video could've been faked. If it comes to that I can post any number of other documents (monthly brokerage statements, 1099s, tax returns, etc) as proof, but I am asking for advice about a quant job, not trying to prove my profits to the world. I will obviously provide all the required proof to potential employers.

2) I can't discuss any aspect of my trading strategies.

3) I am not interested in any investments or business propositions that involve putting my own capital at risk or that don't guarantee me a salary of $150K+/year.

I'll be happy to answer any questions as long as they are not about my trading strategies. Thanks for your help.

2. wrong site, wallstreetoasis.com

3. Much thanks, that site does look exactly like what I need. Admins -- please feel free to delete this thread.