Could there be a insurance company default because of the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Don't know that specific, tho banks, when providing a loan, for extra payment, provides insurance in case one loses a job and is unable to pay out.

But then. Payments were stoped with gov permission & banks gets those bailouts anyways.

I think there's more problems with insurence who dealt with wild fires and etc.

A guess like random shooting in the dark.

#11     Oct 19, 2020
  2. Nobert

Nobert

I don't know. First it was just a strategic guess + heard a person, who has 15k ins agents, tellin that they did well durin covi.

Reminds of folks suing CCP over covi.
    And with expectancy of profitable outcome.

Word.

Only time wasted via thought process and if real action taken.

#12     Oct 19, 2020
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

4. morganist

morganist Guest

So you see just having covid even if someone survives it as an insurance premium price increasing factor? Wouldn't it be a sign that they can fight the virus and survive instead?

#14     Oct 19, 2020
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Excellent questions...

I just see a lot of angry people that survived Covid-19 and going through a lockdown to then fight back against any increase in their insurance premium or denial of insurance.

wrbtrader

#15     Oct 19, 2020
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

I was thinking more about the cost of the lockdown and the insurance claims it would cause then the cost to the insurance companies. Even if they don't default they could have their profits cut massively this would impact the stock market if it happened.

#16     Oct 19, 2020
  7. Insurance companies are going to be fine - safest place in the world for your money is inside of annuties and whole life policies in life insurance companies. Dead bang safe.

#17     Oct 19, 2020
  8. bone

bone

#18     Oct 19, 2020
  9. bone

bone

#19     Oct 19, 2020
  10. tsznecki

tsznecki

@morganist Aren't you an economist? You have no idea what a global pandemic's repercussions are? And of all places to ask, you ask on ET.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

#20     Oct 19, 2020