could the economic situation be different if we voted differently

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Nov 7, 2009.

1. jprad

jprad

Spot on.

Jefferson's greatest regret was the inability to get a Constitutional amendment passed that would have prohibited the federal government from being able to borrow money.

Maybe we'll finally get that in Constitution 3.0.

#11     Nov 7, 2009
  2. Cycles, smchycles.... the ones we've had in America over the last 100 years have been intentionally orchestrated by the Fed.

And this one isn't "cyclical" at all... entirely different.

And while we're on "cycles", how about "cycles in the markets"....

I used to spend time on the concept but eventually stopped. Now, as soon as I hear someone comment on the markets and use the word "cycle", I immediately change channels... thinking, "fishing in a dry hole".

Years ago, Steve Shellins of Money Research Newsletter researched the various styles claimed by the programs he followed. He said, "... those who profess to primarily use a cycles concept in their trading have performed the worst..." DEAD LAST! ("Seasonal" was the #1 performer.)

FWIW...

#12     Nov 7, 2009
  3. Jym

Jym

Believe me the phrase "greatest president ever" would have been filled to the brim with sarcasm if you heard me say it out loud.

Wasn't CRA passed under Carter though?

#13     Nov 8, 2009
  4. I'm glad you got that off your chest. Now perhaps you can focus on that chip on your shoulder.

#14     Nov 8, 2009
  5. Sodajerk

Sodajerk

OP,

Of course the economic situation would be different had we voted differently. Pretty much every situation fits that description, to the extent representatives of the People have to sign off on whatever happens in America.

#15     Nov 8, 2009
  6. This is total BS - only a small amount of deluded, ignorant Libs claim Clinton was a great president.

The rest of us know we can thank his administration for 9/11, Internet bubble, the ficticious "balanced budget", etc.etc.

The majority of the problems we are experiencing today can be traced directly back to his administration as their starting point.

#16     Nov 8, 2009
  7. toc

toc

'Bin laden owes clinto his life, without clinton there is no 911, cra, or hillary.'

most stupid quote on ET this year...........you should jump into a ditch full of wet mud! :D

#17     Nov 8, 2009
  8. What do you expect? You pontificate total BS about "your brilliant perception of cycles" and you don't expect someone to call BULLSHIT on you?

#18     Nov 8, 2009
  9. I think US will come out very strong from this crysys , Republicans are full of shit when they start pointing fingers out.

#19     Nov 8, 2009
  10. jprad

jprad

Anything after Nixon and the abolishment of the gold standard is immaterial.

#20     Nov 8, 2009