could somebody explain scalping to me?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by globe, Jun 8, 2005.

1. globe

globe

Hi,

I was reading in the other threads that some traders do very well with scalping. Can somebody explain what this is and how to go about doing it?

I a newbie at swing trading (holding over 1-5) days and have done well. I'm looking to do something more agressive.

Thanks!

2. See the Search button in the upper right hand corner? Use it. The topic has been discussed countless times.

3. ozzy

ozzy

A scalp is equivalent to a quickie

bada boom bada bing.......and its over.

Hope that helps.

ozzy

4. MTE

MTE

:) :D

5. jond83

jond83

Scalping is a good way for a newbie to go broke very quickly.

6. You buy and then you sell. Then you sell and you buy. Then sell. Then buy. It will keep you on your toes all day. And at the end of the day you add up to see how much you lost.

7. Nah,

It's a slow way to bleed your account in commissions while making the broker very happy.

8. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi globe, please take this as a friendly advice from somebody who's been in your position. If you're doing well with swing trading, stick to swing for as long as you can until you're either bored or loaded with cash :D.

Daytrading and scalping is a whole different ball game which requires different skills and mindset than swing. And yes, as the gentlemen above mentioned, your broker will thank you though.

But if you just want to learn a little bit about it, read up the journal and posts from "SammySoesa"; a true scalper indeed and a good one at that.

Happy trading.