Could Hillary have done it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GabbyJay, Nov 5, 2008.

1. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Seems Mac lost so bad that it makes me think the Hill even would have stomped him in this Democratic year..

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that the vote was a very clear indication of the anger people feel at Bush and the Republican Party. I don't think it would have really mattered who the Democratic Party put up against McCain, he did not have a chance. First of all most republicans don't even like him, and second of all by virtue of being a republican most of the country was pissed at him.

3. McCain's time was in 2000. I think he could have been a damn good president. It's a shame he was sandbagged the way he was in South Carolina.

4. McCain leaned to the right in a year hostile to republicans. Now limbaugh (the same limbaugh who praised selection of palin) trashes mccain for not being conservative enough. Limbaugh said today what he said after 2006 congressional elections: Conservatism never loses. I guess Elizabeth Dole was a raging liberal.

Palin was a high risk choice that imploded in his face. His own behavior during the economic meltdown and in the debates sealed his face.