Could eSignal really be this bad?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tortoise, Mar 19, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

That's fine if you are using their charts but if you are feeding another charting program it could make things difficult. I'm using IB's data into Ninjatrader and OpenQuant in the recent months and I never see that stuff, probably IB filters and never transmits those bad ticks.. filtering bad ticks in an autotrading thingy is very easy, you set it up so nothing happens unless you get a confirming tick but to have your charts all scrunched up by a bad tick is ridiculous......

#11     Mar 19, 2008
  2. tortoise

tortoise

TradeStation's data is, in my experience, quite excellent. It's their charting that sucks donkey's balls

#12     Mar 19, 2008
  3. tortoise

tortoise

it's eSignal data. i don't have their charts. and the errant ticks weren't present on TradeStation's data

#13     Mar 19, 2008

4. So with TradeStation data, you have very rarely had bad ticks and missing data and etc. , correct?

Is the "donkey ball sucking" in the use of the chart studies and charting tools?

Seems like you are saying TradeStation is okay if you just want good, accurate, fast and timely charts.

But it starts to suck if you try to manipulate things or do advanced studies.

Accurate summary?

#14     Mar 19, 2008
  5. try this....go to the chart with the issue and go to the box that has the green "ok". make sure your cursor is in the box and then hold down "ctrl" and click the mouse at the same time.

#15     Mar 19, 2008
  6. tortoise

tortoise

Correct.

#16     Mar 19, 2008
  7. tortoise

tortoise

to eSignal's credit, the customer support guy with whom I spoke seemed attentive and promised to get to the bottom of the errant-SPY tick mystery right away. we'll see...

#17     Mar 19, 2008
  8. RL8093

RL8093

Sadly, as other recent threads suggest, it appears that eSig has placed a higher priority on investment in it's marketing budget than fund allocation toward system & software upgrade / improvement. :eek: :confused: :eek:

R

#18     Mar 19, 2008
  9. Their customer support people seemed helpless trying to defend a horrible product if you ask me. The delay issue got so bad for energies that I canceled my subscription and have upgraded to CQG. The cost is significantly more, but I was getting delays of up to 30 seconds in a fast moving market, and as others have alluded to sometimes a tick would never show up at all. They told me that this was an issue they were aware of, and that it was affecting about 1% of their 150,000 members, but they had no fix yet and the version of their software that was supposed to deal with the issue was in beta testing and not ready for public use. I found this unacceptable so I got a partial refund from them and CXL'ed my account.

#19     Mar 19, 2008
  10. tortoise

tortoise

so, is it worth it? what charting do you use?

#20     Mar 19, 2008