Could bitcoin become the next Swiss bank account?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Mar 8, 2018.

1. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

I'll take it as one anyway...:D
    The best thing to do with moronic comments like yours is this...:finger:

#111     Mar 13, 2018
  2. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Poor guy... Apparently you don't even know how to read, if you think you understood Friedman and call for government regulation, defend giving "free stuff" to others and even the US POST, which was one of the institutions he most criticized for being inefficient and wasteful...:banghead:
    Maybe you're one of those "visual people"... There are many videos on YouTube from his lectures... Try them... Maybe you'll finally get it and wake up!;)

You have a good life, sir!:)

#112     Mar 13, 2018
  3. sss12

sss12

Wow, guess I was pretty close with my profile. I'll add one more...you live in either your parent's basement or with your sister .

#113     Mar 13, 2018
  4. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

:wtf:

:D

:rolleyes:

;)

#114     Mar 13, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, I was referring to Bitcoin in my previous post. Monero is already like that, so there is really no need for extra consensus. But bitcoin so far has failed to implement much needed improvement, thus my previous post.

So the answer to OP's question is that no Bitcoin won't become the secret Swiss account because Monero already is.

#115     Mar 13, 2018
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Well if bitcoin improves on its anonymity by perhaps using a different technology to record transactions, it still has a chance to be a proxy to a swiss bank account. It already has a max. cap. so it has better storage of value PROVIDED also that there is some kind of trading control i.e. group of people going into the market willing to buy/sell bitcoin to keep its value relatively constant.

Right now I find bitcoin is a bit of a sellout in that the exchanges chose to report transactions to the government. I mean it defeated the whole purpose of anonymity. Of course they did that to avoid having it banned but really they had nothing to worry about seeing the governments themselves are issuing their own cryptos left and right. LOL

#116     Mar 13, 2018
  7. sss12

sss12

LOL...sellout ? Do you think the exchanges "chose to " report ..to the government ? The big dog told them to.

The BTC proponents want it to be a liquid currency, accepted across all platforms, but still non traceable.

It dosen't work that way in modern commerce, crypto is an asset class as of now. Maybe it will be a viable currency at some point, but it won't really be that much different. THAT IS WHAT DEFINES A CURENCY . LIQUIDITY AND TRANSPARENCY.

And don't come back with fiat, ask all the mobsters in jail (John Gotti, etc) who thought cash/fiat was invisible.

#117     Mar 13, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, store of value comes from stability and minimal volatility, not from market cap. :)

#118     Mar 13, 2018
  9. JSOP

JSOP

The title of this thread is whether Bitcoin can become the next Swiss bank account. Swiss bank account is all about confidentiality and privacy of all the account holders. That's not very transparent, is it? Yet they are still permitted to exist until now that they are forced to co-operate with the tax authorities of all the countries around the world.

#119     Mar 13, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

#120     Mar 13, 2018