Cost Structure for CME Futures Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by scalper21, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Thanks 71, I think that answers most of it.

One last question - can you trade @ any FCM then or just certain ones?

#91     Aug 8, 2007
  2. One more - once you pay the $1750, do you pay that every year or quarter or is it just a one-time fee assuming you meet the 25 rt's per day quota? Are there any other fees either in the beginning or ongoing?

And is that 25 rt's regardless of the amount of contracts or just 25 rt's? Can I trade once with 25 contracts and meet the requirement or do I need 25 individual trades, regardless of size of each trade?

Thanks!

#92     Aug 8, 2007
  3. Any clearing member registered with CME... most of them who can offer CME products are registered. I suggest you go to a direct clearing firm with this though. Advantage Futures, Infinity, Global, Dorman, etc

#93     Aug 8, 2007
  4. The fee is only required for the application. Every time you have to reapply requires a new fee and new forms. As long as you meet the quota and don't get into legal trouble with anyone, then you should be fine. The 25RT could be on trade or 25 trades. It doesn't matter.

Also, you can tell them the date you want the incentive program to kick in so that you are not obligated before an extended vacation or something.

#94     Aug 8, 2007
  5. 71,
    That's great, thanks for the info! So as long as you make 25 rt's per day on average, this seems like a no brainer. The small up-front fee is nothing in cost savings over the long haul. I guess the only catch is if you fall below the quota and have to reapply again.

#95     Aug 8, 2007
  6. So the question then is, how do you get the paperwork started for the ECM?

#96     Aug 8, 2007
  7. HEY BROWN, call the cme to get your answers, would you already, give the guy a break.. does he need to wipe your ass too. pick up the phone if you have one..

#97     Aug 8, 2007
  8. Well, let's see... this is a public forum and 71 has CHOSEN to reply to my questions. That tells me he's interested in at least providing some help and guidance, which is the fundamental premise of a public forum.

You can take just about any thread here and tell them 'pick up the phone' or 'google it'.

I love retards like you that come on a public forum and criticize someone for asking questions. HELLO RETARD, THAT'S THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM. Go ahead, google it for yourself and find out. :p

#98     Aug 8, 2007
  9. Seeing how the CME is losing their listing on the Russell next year, I wouldn't be such a cheerleader for purchasing a GEM seat. The Russell is going to be exclusively listed on the ICE in mid-2008, I believe.

Not sure if someone put up a link to this already, but here is the Q&A on the ECM: http://cme.com/files/ECMQ&A.pdf

#99     Aug 10, 2007
  10. HEY BROWN.. who is the retard that can't pick up the phone & get the answers for himself. you are .. jerkoff... i am not looking for answers, if you notice i gave you some answers which you ignored, so be a man & learn to do things on your own, for once. your another ignorant moron that can't find your ass with both hands.. go back to jacking off. google that asshole.

#100     Aug 10, 2007