Cost of Living Ranking by Country

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Jan 11, 2019.

1. zdreg

zdreg

you are polite.

#11     Jan 11, 2019
    HobbyTrading likes this.
  2. I used nothing regarding healthcare. Fortunately, I am in mid-life and unexpectedly healthy so far.

#12     Jan 11, 2019
  3. Regarding healthcare, I have already decided that if I need anything major and necessary, but my current country's healthcare does not support it, I'd just go somewhere where it's affordable. Better than getting it done in the US anyway.

#13     Jan 11, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Yer out of your mind.

#14     Jan 11, 2019
  5. Are you speaking from some form of experience, where the US healthcare system was unaffordable, you sought out professionals from another country, and had a worse result?

#15     Jan 11, 2019
  6. https://www.medicaltourismassociation.com/en/medical-tourism-faq-s.html

I speak from experience. If you live in a major Canadian city and god forbid your population density is greater than 50 ppl per square mile, you will have a hell of a wait. I had to take my daughter to a small BC town to get medical attention because we had an 8 month wait in the big city. So I'd pay $300K for what exactly, I'm not sure.

#16     Jan 11, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I want you to pay very close attention to something...

"...The Medical Tourism Association® has three tenets: Transparency in Quality and Pricing, Communication and Education..."

See the little ® symbol there? They went through the trouble of registering their name. Why would they choose to do that? For money, perhaps?

And when you go to another country to get a $100K operation for 50 bux, who exactly is paying for it? How does a non-citizen of a country get zero-cost health care? Who pays for it?

#17     Jan 12, 2019
  8. schweiz

schweiz

I know from personal experience a lot of people go to Europe for medical care. Much cheaper.

#18     Jan 12, 2019
  9. schweiz

schweiz

Isn't that what the whole medical sector in the US has as main aim? Make lots of money?

I have been working in the medical sector. We had organisations that where more or less travel agencies that send patients all the time. As EU is much cheaper and quality is equal to the US standards. Even from the UK we had patients every week flying in and out.

#19     Jan 12, 2019
  10. schweiz

schweiz

No, he knows reality.

#20     Jan 12, 2019