Cost of Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by felichka, Jan 24, 2002.

1. cdntrader

Touche'

#11     Jan 26, 2002
  2. Anyone know what PFG BestDirect commissions are? They must
    be one of the brokers who don't want to give that info untill
    you give them contact info. I can't see where on their website
    they give their commission rates.

:mad:

#12     Jan 27, 2002
  3. Not that I really want to trade with them, just want to know.
    Somewhere on their website they say their system gets
    overwhelmed and goes down before other brokers. Now that
    instilled some confidence in them! They mention this little
    tidbit on their FAQ/How does Best Direct route orders for
    Globex2 markets page. They seem to be proud of this fact.
    Something about them having an advanced connection? But it
    blows their system?

:confused:

#13     Jan 27, 2002
    #14     Jan 27, 2002
  5. I have been with Interactive Brokers for about 6 months, and have found their rates at $4.80/RT to be the lowest I have found.
    The TWS is excellent, and instantaneous executions. I have been with several others in the past, but this so far is perfect.
    Since I scalp, and my profit margins are tight, commissions are very important to my profit.
    If any lower rates are available, I would like to know.

Thank you

#15     Jan 27, 2002
  6. dgzadok

dgzadok

<<"Are you now with DT Futures?">>

Yes...

One week and so far great!

Their FAST platform is simple to use and though it does not offer a lot of bells and whistles...

it helps get the job done QUICK!

At $7.00 R/T ALL IN... I'm very pleased :)

Plus... phone is answered consistently within 3-4 rings... NICE!

Happy trading!

#16     Jan 28, 2002
  7. rfoulk

rfoulk

I've used IB for close to 2 years for equities and have recently started to use them for futures.

Great commission rate $4.80/round trip, good executions and good software.

Compared to all the others I've looked at the software is great, but that's because the others are so deficient. IB is the only one I'm aware of that supports trading strictly via the keyboard (hotkeys) if you prefer. Which I most emphatically do. (But I guess that's a little off topic.)

IB recently cut their daytime margins in half (a little over $2K for eminis.) This makes them marginally (sorry) competitive with others that require $1K. I'd choose one of those if it wasn't for the IB software.

IB is not the very best when it comes to service, but they're not all that bad. Considering how much they save you in commissions per year one or two failures will hardly scratch your savings.

And to the folks that have no problem paying $10 per round trip: what in the world are you smoking?

Many of the outfits that charge $10 only do so to their loser clients. Those that didn't know enough to bargain them down.

Richard

#17     Jan 29, 2002
  8. Originally posted by rfoulk

"Great commission rate $4.80/round trip, good executions and good software."

I haven't seen anyone that can beat IB's commissions...

"Compared to all the others I've looked at the software is great, but that's because the others are so deficient. IB is the only one I'm aware of that supports trading strictly via the keyboard (hotkeys) if you prefer. Which I most emphatically do. (But I guess that's a little off topic.)"

Hotkeys are important if you are scalping. From what I see on
    other platforms, you have to mouse click a lot and that takes
    time off of your trading speed. Not what I want.

"IB is not the very best when it comes to service, but they're not all that bad. Considering how much they save you in commissions per year one or two failures will hardly scratch your savings."

Again, if you scalp many trades a day, the commission costs
    can really add up!

"And to the folks that have no problem paying $10 per round trip: what in the world are you smoking?"

I don't know, but they better stop! :)

#18     Feb 2, 2002