Cost of Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by felichka, Jan 24, 2002.

1. What is a low commission rate per contract e-mini S&P 500 ?
    In stock trading one sent per share is a good deal, you can decrease the commission rate if demonstrate a substantial volume. What is a good deal for e-mini S&P 500 contract round trip ? Did anybody trade e-minis through REDIPlus ? What is your experience ?

Thank you in advance.

2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I remind everyone that advertising posting is not allowed.

To REALLY reply to the question : I think $6 Round Trip and less is good for eminis.
    There are several brokers offering this kind of rate around. Several are mentioned in other threads of the futures forum.

3. dgzadok

dgzadok

I pay $7.00 FLAT all-in...

Dave

4. dgzadok

dgzadok

BTW...

I DO NOT have to do 1000 Turns to get this rate either...

NO Volume minimums... only $5,000 needed in account... and daytrading margins are 1/3 overnight...

Speedy executions and good CS...

Dave

5. Did you just delete my post? wtf is that about ? we were talking about getting a good rate from a broker what do you want us to talk about here?

6. You get what you pay for. Don't go looking for the cheapest commision look for the best broker/brokerage firm for the money.
    You will save yourself from bad fills and time delays on some of the low cost firms, look for something around $10. All it takes is one tick slippage on a $6 trade to make it cost $18.50.

7. So my whole post gets deleted? With the idiotic runaround most futures brokers give you I thought details would be helpful.

Some of them don't even want to quote you a rate until you give contact info.

8. dgzadok

dgzadok

Considering we're talking aboout e-mini's here, almost any brokerage will electronically send your order straight to the exchange.... so slippage is not an issue here.

Unless you're position trading, $10 will kill your bottom line!

I suggeat you find the cheapest broker you can find that will still provide quality CS...

http://dtfutures.com

Happy Trading

Dave

>>>You get what you pay for. Don't go looking for the cheapest commision look for the best broker/brokerage firm for the money.
    You will save yourself from bad fills and time delays on some of the low cost firms, look for something around $10. All it takes is one tick slippage on a $6 trade to make it cost $18.50.<<<

9. If $10 a rounturn is hurting your bottom line you are doing something wrong any ways. You had beeter start being a better trader right now or you aren't going to being trading for very long. If we are talking about the difference of $4 a round turn, after a hundred trades that would be $400, you had better not be effected by that much on your bottom line, might as well give up now, your wasting your time.
    Good Luck and God Bless

10. well lets see if you traded 10 r/t's a day @ 2 contracts a piece over a year that would probably save you $16k(4 contracts $32k, 8 contracts $64k, 16 contracts $128k), . I don't know about you but I would call that hurting the bottom line.

#10     Jan 26, 2002