Cost Of Bailout Hits $8.5 Trillion

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Because they rarely ( if ever ) have anything to do with TRADING. The "cut and paste" article that the OP used to start this thread is based in Economics . . . not TRADING.

I'm amazed that no one can see this.
    But then again, this is ET afterall.
    :D

#11     Nov 26, 2008
  2. That's pretty rich - - - especially coming from a wannabee "paper-trader" such as yourself that once posted a FAKE screen-shot of an alleged ES futures position that they had. :D

For what it's worth, I've probably posted no more than 5 cut and paste articles over the last year. I think that your "buddy" S2007S has me beat by a factor of about 1,000.

#12     Nov 26, 2008
  3. You need to take a deep breathe Sir.
    Either that, or do something to improve your reading comprehension.

Notice that the mods agreed with me that this thread is not relative to the TRADING FORUM. It's now in the Wall Street News Forum.

Duh.

#13     Nov 26, 2008
  4. [T]he federal government committed an additional $800 billion to two new loan programs on Tuesday.

That can't be part of the $700B TARP that was passed by the congress. How the hell were they able to get by without getting the clearance from the congress?

#14     Nov 26, 2008
  5. It is a quantitative easing effort by the Federal Reserve, not the Treasury Department.

#15     Nov 26, 2008

6. Landis you don’t even trade, how dare you criticize anyone here about trading. You just trot all over ET telling everyone they don’t trade.

Well neither do you!

#16     Nov 26, 2008
  7. for that matter, how can congress conscript 700 billion for losing horse track tickets in the first place? I bet if you had giant wastepaper sacks of old tickets from a racetrack, they'd be 'hard to price' too, because they're FUCKING WORTHLESS!!!!!!

but to answer your question, what we are learning, is that every so-called 'safeguard of democracy' was nothing more than a very sad joke on the citizen

it's a dictatorship, they can do anything they want

what other possible explanation can there be for what is right before your eyes?

(enslaving the citizen to china, to bail out bad bets rich people made)

#17     Nov 26, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Landis if you think this has nothing to do with trading your just crazy, Foolish talk if you think that, this will impact this economy so differently you will have no idea how hard it will be when people wake the FU$K up and realize throwing unlimited amounts of money at a problem is not the way to fix it. Get ready to sell this rally, I did and buying inverse ETFs left and right, added even more today:

This time I went 3X thats how confident I know this rally will fail, just like all of them do.

TZA

FAZ

Both will be back above $100.

#18     Nov 26, 2008
  9. Just what the hell is "quantitative easing effort"? Yes, I know that Bernanke & Co. is made up of quasi-government thugs, but it behooves me to think they can quantitatively jack up the Federal deficit without any kind of oversight, let alone approval.

#19     Nov 26, 2008
  10. BSAM

BSAM

You didn't really mean to type in "quasi", did you???

What year will the American people take back this country?

#20     Nov 26, 2008