Cost Matters...Ticket's VS Cent/sh

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dedicated1, Nov 28, 2002.

1. When on a cent per share basis you never think about the number of tickets you generate. It is a great thing for the flexibility it provides and what it does for your bottom line if you trade a lot. 3X more net profit this month if I was on a penny a share deal + fees.

Recently I resorted to only focus on my trading and to forget costs alltogether. Scaling in and out of positions, reducing exposure(position size) when I felt necessary, etc. As a result, my performance has improved quicker and more comfortably. Scalping really agrees with me, although it wouldn't be right without the fee schedule to match.

Even a penny a share + fees(a whole 'nother issue) seems like a reasonable amount of profit for a broker to Earn. Any broker that has insane ticket charges is probably on the broker side of the business because their greed was too intense to make it as a trader. I trade prop with no money down so what can I do but save, learn & deal. Any input would be great................Thanks!!

2. Did you also know that some brokers charge a ticket for ever different price you are filled on a single order. So say if you place a market order and get a different price on each lot of your 1000 share order, you will pay 10 tickets. What really hurts me is when I get price improvement, a good thing?!!, and it really is a bad thing because I get hacked up. I have gotten 4 tickets for 1 order before. It's great.

3. You are trading at the wrong place ...

4. Miki

Miki

...and at the wrong time.

5. Wrong Time ? Please explain.

6. Can someone please help a brother out and reply with your thoughts on this subject. Part of the reason why day trading can take more time to learn than other "jobs" is because there is simply noone to share ideas with.....hate to learn things the hard way all the time.

7. jaredand

jaredand

Unless you are trading >2000 shares (aprox) per position/order, then you are probably better off on the per share deal as opposed to the ticket deal.