Cost Differences Between FANG Stocks and NASDAQ-100 Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ajacobson, Sep 26, 2018.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

From CME research

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. Overnight

Overnight

ICE can FOADIAF.

I HATE those guys.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why?

5. Overnight

Overnight

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Overnight likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

You are absolutely correct there, OMM. I have been biased against them ever since they bought the TF away from CME some years ago. So I would have had to pay an extra $117 per month just to trade that one instrument. When it came back to CME, it was a shell of what it once was. (lol). And I used to say to myself...What is the big deal of $117 per month? If I can make $500 per month in it, isn't it worth it?

Alas, I never got back into following the Russell, I gravitated to other CME instruments. But still, the fees they charge...Ugggg!

8. southall

southall

I think it better not to invest time with their products as they have a history of price gauging.
    Didn't ICE/NYSE shakedown your firm/your clients for exorbitant non display fees a few years back?

I switched from FTSE futures to DAX futures after ICE bought LIFFE and raised fees. Best to avoid ICE if possible.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The Non-display fees where not just targeting Lightspeed but we were forced to be compliant before other APIs that provide data. There are now exemptions for some individuals and we have a process to turn off MD to the display. On the future’s side, the CME also has non-display fees. Fun, fun.

The reality is that if you have a small account and trade very little, the ICE is material. If you are active, and find alpha from their symbols, it is the cost of doing business.

ajacobson likes this.
  10. Visaria

Visaria

There are bucket shops here in the UK that refuse to offer ICE products because of the fees.

#10     Sep 27, 2018