Corzine will face no criminal charges.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 16, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Unfuckingbelievable....... They basically caught corzine at the murder scene with the gun in his hand, and they arent going to do shit about it. This is the most corrupt justice department in history, they just selectively enforce laws based on political affiliation.

CORZINE, MF GLOBAL WILL FACE NO CRIMINAL CHARGES

After ten months of investigating Obama campaign bundler and former MF Global chief Jon Corzine’s role in the loss of $1.6 billion of customer funds, the New York Times is reporting that Eric Holder’s Department of Justice is unlikely to file any criminal charges against Corzine or top MF Global executives.

As Breitbart News has reported, the case is riddled with serious conflicts of interest.

The Government Accountability Institute revealed last month that MF Global was a client of Attorney General Eric Holder and Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer’s law firm, Covington & Burling.

Breitbart News discovered that the attorney representing MF Global Treasurer Edith O’Brien is Reid Weingarten, Eric Holder’s “best friend” and his own personal attorney. Weingarten and Holder also co-founded a non-profit together, the See Forever Foundation.

MF Global’s trustee for the Chapter 11 bankruptcy retained as its general bankruptcy counsel Morrison & Forester, Associate Attorney General Tony West’s old firm.

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh is the trustee overseeing MF Global’s bankruptcy. Freeh was a character witness at Holder’s Senate confirmation hearing. Freeh also previously retained Holder to do legal work when he was General Counsel for MBNA America Bank in Wilmington, Delaware.

To date, despite Barack Obama and Eric Holder’s “get tough on Wall Street” rhetoric, the Department of Justice has not charged, prosecuted, or jailed a single Wall Street executive in the wake of the largest financial collapse in U.S. history.

As the New York Times sardonically noted in its report today, the “lack of charges in the largest Wall Street blowup since 2008 is likely to fuel frustration with the government’s struggle to charge financial executives."

Indeed, even progressives are outraged by Holder’s lack of Wall Street prosecutions.

As Richard Eskow of the Huffington Post recently wrote:
    More and more Washington insiders are asking a question that was considered off-limits in the nation's capital just a few months ago: Who, exactly, is Attorney General Eric Holder representing?

As scandal after scandal erupts on Wall Street, involving everything from global lending manipulation to cocaine and prostitution, more and more people are worrying about Holder's seeming inaction -- or worse -- in the face of mounting evidence.
    As for Obama bundler Jon Corzine, he is already back trading with his family’s wealth and considering opening up a hedge fund of his own.

2. Ricter

Ricter

We're going to have to kill the plutocrats ourselves. (Well, ok, the poor will have to do it, to make it righteous.)

3. Max E.

Max E.

Im with you on this one, I would love to start a lynch mob and go after all these crooked bankers, who fucked the economy.

This is part of the reason why i despise obama so much, i thought atleast we could count on a democrat to go after these ass holes, and still there is nothing.

Dick Fuld, and Loyd Blankfien should have been strung up by the balls.....

BUT that would have required the slightest amount of effort....

Now there is Corzine, i mean, even your local weather person knows he is fucking guilty, and they are actually going to let this guy off??!?!? Never has it been more clear than this that these guys are simply above the law.

4. pspr

pspr

Maybe the Justice Department will have a change of heart next year when it is back under responsible leadership. We'll probably see the 76,000 emails Holder is hiding next year, too. -- Unless they get accidentally deleted by a lawless administration.

5. LOL! Thing is, if this was happening under a republican administration the shit would be hitting the media fan, and rightfully so. GS skates and now this. What a crock. Can it be anymore clear that our entire government is bought and paid for?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Outraged enough to help vote out Holders boss?

7. Max E.

Max E.

The thing i dont get is that this is a bipartisan issue, EVERYONE wants to see these idiots strung up, regardless of side. So you would think it would atleast be great political points to skewer one of them right before the election.

There was that PBS documentary the other day that pointed out all of Dick Fuld's fraud, and i honestly thought it was an intro to Obama strining him up as a token, to garner votes..... but nothing happened....

So if these guys are getting away scott free even when it is in Obama's best interest to string them up, Im wondering exactly how badly these guys own the politicians...... You cant tell me this is aboust campaign contributions because he would gain more votes than campaign contributions by stringing up a banker.

So exactly what is the deal here? Like we must be talking about bankers handing off brief cases to both sides with cash, because otherwise the dynamics dont make any sense.

8. Max E.

Max E.

Ricter i took offense to this post, you tried to get rid of it before i would notice.... I would appreciate it if you gave me a 3000 word apology......

We all know the racial undertones behind the word "Test"

9. pspr

pspr

Besides being Obama's buddy and former bundler, didn't Corizine give Obama a million dollars for his 2012 campaign? His freedom has been bought and paid for.

10. That's exactly what the deal is. The crooks handing off cash to whoever happens to be in the game at the moment. The politics of it all aren't even relevant to these guys. It's just about buying that get out of jail card. Nothing more, nothing less.

#10     Aug 16, 2012