Corzine Knew Customer Money Was Used

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

By Shannon Bond and Tom Braithwaite
    Jon Corzine, the former chief executive of MF Global, “was aware” that the broker-dealer made use of customer funds during its desperate fight for survival, a US Senate hearing was told on Tuesday.

Terry Duffy, chief executive of CME Group, the futures exchange operator which supervised MF Global’s handling of customer money, said a CME auditor heard an MF Global employee say during a conference call involving senior MF Global employees that “Mr Corzine was aware of the loans being made from segregated accounts”.

A spokesman for Mr Corzine declined to comment. The ex-MF Global boss and previous New Jersey senator reiterated to the same Senate hearing that he did not intend to authorise the improper use of customer funds to plug a hole in MF Global’s liquidity in the days leading up to the bankruptcy.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a41e2254-25b4-11e1-9c76-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1gSlCLEZL

2. pspr

pspr

Biden wanted to know how to move the taxpayer's money from the government accounts into his accounts. I guess we'll see a Biden book deal soon. Although I don't think Biden can even read. :eek:

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why would a perpetual drunk need to read? Liquor bottle labels maybe? :D

4. pspr

pspr

Well, after he is out of his VP gig next year he will need to be able to spell T-A-X-I so he doesn't just get into anybodys car when he leaves the bar.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's a big word, for a liberal democrap.

6. pspr

pspr

He can store that word in one brain cell for easy access then use his other brain cell for walking and other motor skills.

Of course, he will have to sit down in order to be able to talk unless he has a 3rd brain cell still alive.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Biden, a third brain cell? Not bloody likely.