Corzine is back

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by freedinner, May 19, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

??
    did you care about maddoff's son?

#11     May 19, 2017
  2. sle

sle

Actually, if he is starting a fund, the expectation is that at least 50% of his net worth would be invested in the fund. So he will be trading his own money.

#12     May 19, 2017
  3. Max E.

Max E.

How fucking stupid does someone have to be to give money to someone who just ripped them off? It blows my mind that a guy who just screwed all his investors can somehow raise millions of dollars to start a new hedgefund.

Im just trying to picture a scenario where id ever put my money at a broker that already ripped clients off..... it just blows my mind. How stupid does an investor have to be to sink their money with him after that shit?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    #13     May 19, 2017
  4. Max E.

Max E.

He probably wont run in too problems with comingling of funds with HIS deposit, lol.

#14     May 19, 2017
  5. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, funniest thing ive read all day from the wall street journal:

Mr. Corzine’s supporters point out that he hasn’t been criminally charged and that after MF Global collapsed, his bets on the bonds of Portugal, Italy and other European nations were ultimately proven on target

hahahahaha, sure i got swindled out of all the money i invested in you last time, but at the end of the day, your trade was accurate, that really consoles me.

I wish propfirms were this forgiving, "Yeah i blew out the entire account but just give me a million bucks of buying power, eventually the short came back down, so clearly i know what im doing" :D

The funny thing is that he has claimed the hedgefund is designed to take advantage of the turmoil in the Trump era." Guarantee a bunch of liberals will sign up no questions asked, just cause its anti Trump.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    #15     May 19, 2017
    comingkingofisrael likes this.
  6. I also noted the similarities here.

I wouldn't say I "care about" them, but, yes, I consider these deaths as tragic in the truest sense of the word.

#16     May 20, 2017
  7. Trump should buy a slice

#17     May 20, 2017
  8. The article states that he has been on a money raising tour to "wealthy investors in the middle east".

Just imagine you are one of those wealthy investors, likely with many different business interests, and a former U.S. governor with, according to his own words, "friends in Washington" visits you.

Why not give him some money? Maybe he'll get lucky and even make you a profit. If not, you'll have even more reason to call him up and ask him for help next time one of your businesses needs regulatory help with a U.S. export license or whatever.

I want to be clear: I don't think Washington or, specifically, those people granting export licenses are corrupt (sure there are some black sheep everywhere). But it is certainly a complex system and it will help you immensely if you have someone who knows this system from the inside, to tell you what will be locked at in your application, what boxes you have to check etc.

#18     May 20, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Yeah, it's good to see Corzine back!

(not really)

#19     May 20, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. I like this, I would put it on my business card if I were a HF guy raising money: "Maybe we will get lucky!"

2. Lobbying is perfectly legal in the US and costs WAAAAAY less then losing 100s of millions on a "we might get lucky" business venture...

#20     May 20, 2017