correlation

Discussion in 'Forex' started by virgin, Oct 7, 2003.

1. I did a google search and still did not come up with the number but I found the following on an MG Financial site:

Other factors: Due to the proximity of the Swiss economy to the eurozone (specifically Germany), the Swiss franc has exhibited a considerably positive correlation with the euro. The relationship is most prominent in the highly negative correlation between USD/chf and EUR/USD. To illustrate, a sudden move in EUR/USD (triggered by a major fundamental factor) is most likely to cause an equally sharp move in USD/chf in the opposite direction. The relationship between these two currency pairs is one the strongest in currency markets.

#11     Oct 8, 2003
  2. I would think the key issue is why (what purposes) do we need to find out the correlation(s) among different pairs. :confused:

I would also guess there are at least two major factors: Correlated time-period (Long-, Medium- or Short- term), and Trading timeframe, that would practically and greatly affect the actual correlation.

A potential problem is it would be possible that a positive medium-term correlation on daily charts could have a negative short-term correlation when trading (making decisions) on hourly timeframe. :confused:

#12     Oct 9, 2003