correlation? cme $ futures, options, dollar index / or USD spot

Discussion in 'Forex' started by stray_cougar, Sep 15, 2007.

1. two part question--hoping to get some comments here from experienced foreign exchange traders:

I am starting some new USD strategies and would really like to incorporate some other quotes to the process. For example, if it leads; i'd like to get a chart or ticker of the CME dollar futures, to compare to my EUR/USD trades, etc.

Does it give you an edge (similar to watching #es for trading nyse stocks) to watch any particular futures, options, or index to trade spot forex.?

If so, please recommend a provider for these quotes (not to trade the products, just see the quotes): price and a minimal pull on system resources

THANKS TO ALL

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. thanks- that's interesting to hear the $ futures don't have much volume since so many people on here keep hyping them up as the best way to trade foreign exchange...

others?

4. They must have been referring to the NYBOT/ICE DX futures, as the CME product was DOA has been dead ever since.

5. kgb-
    my bad; what i meant to say earlier was that people around ET have really been hyping the CME futures as a great alternative to retail fx. so the futures products is what they must mean
    not the dollar index

the ice site was really buggy for me today, i'll have to check it back. although it looks like they do have quotes for their USD-index (may have to pay for)

thanks to your earlier link at cme, i found a great (and free) service powered by CME that gives quotes for their futures in real time. it even 'pairs' them to sort of mimic a spot quote. i may use this for quotes if it doesn't lag more than a second

service is called 'CME E-quivalents'
    you have to login to see it
    http://equivalentsrdc.cme.com:443/index.html?

6. ssss

ssss

stray_cougar

Does it give you an edge (similar to watching #es for trading nyse stocks) to watch any particular futures, options, or index to trade spot forex.?

If so, please recommend a provider for these quotes (not to trade the products, just see the quotes): price and a minimal pull on system resources

How would you interpret this or another ?
    It can be edge onlyby broad experience ...
    (more as 10000 operations in test's)

Correlation of

qmv7,zgz7,znz7,edz7, ecu7,jyu7 ,iwm,spy and spot

in some time on some kind of news ...

7. danke, ssss..

that is a good point that by testing and observation, THEN I might see correlations that will give a unique edge-
    i am working on it-

I take that to mean though, that at least so far, no one that has read knows of a significant direct correlation (or wants to give the hard work away!)

thanks