Corporate Profits Were the Highest on Record Last Quarter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 24, 2010.

1. You knucklehead! [​IMG]

Wyoming & Texas are no state income tax states.

Pennsylvania is business friendly compared to the rest of the northeast. Also the cost of living is attractive compared to the rest of the northeast.

Colorado's cost of business is number 22 (of 50). Business friendliness is number 5.

Get yourself educated on this: http://www.cnbc.com/id/31765935/

#21     Nov 26, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not talking about income tax, but perhaps you are right in essence. But then, so am I, since any future taxes would be easy to carry, because my competition, operating in high tax regions, still manages to be profitable (sadly). Lots of room for me to expand once sales improve.

So businesses in the states I've mentioned should be hiring, on average, at a significantly higher rate than those in the other states...

#22     Nov 26, 2010
  3. So now I'm a commie? :D That's a first! You guys have me confused. First you say taxes are the determining factor and when I point out that demand is the determining factor you say, of course, why would anyone hire without demand?:confused: Tax breaks will not magically create demand.
    All I know is this. Without a robust and prosperous working class, the whole country goes down. I know trickle down hasn't worked as evidenced by the past 30 years of financial rape of the working and middle classes. The majority of Americans are under assualt from both the radical left and the radical right. Both radical elements are after our money to further their global agenda's.
    The wealth must be shared in a proper proportion for the nation as a whole to prosper. If it's all hoarded at the top, eventually it topples over.

#23     Nov 29, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Get used to it, or abandon your study. To the degree that you champion the working class, but particularly to the degree that you can present a cogent argument in defense of same, in proportion to that degree will you be labeled a commie. Nature of the beast.

#24     Nov 29, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've been recently labeled a Canadian. :D

#25     Nov 29, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Link please.

#26     Nov 29, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#27     Nov 29, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

No, I hadn't seen it. Curiosity.

#28     Nov 29, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

this has nothing to do with obama.

#29     Nov 29, 2010
  10. Another attack on the working class. Economists are wrong!! Employers will not boost pay to their employees if the employer no longer gets a tax break for health care benefits. It will go to their profit margin. We've dealt with the "take from" for 3 decades. Once it's gone, it's gone. The company will then cite operating costs, and every other cost as reason to not raise wages.

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press – Sun Nov 28, 1:21 pm ET
    WASHINGTON – Job-based health care benefits could wind up on the chopping block if President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans get serious about cutting the deficit.

Budget proposals from leaders in both parties have urged shrinking or eliminating tax breaks that help make employer health insurance the leading source of coverage in the nation and a middle-class mainstay.

The idea isn't to just raise revenue, economists say, but finally to turn Americans into frugal health care consumers by having them face the full costs of their medical decisions.

Repealing the tax break would raise several hundred billion dollars a year, depending on how it's done. Many economists believe employers would boost pay if they didn't provide health care. Proponents of repeal usually call for a tax credit to offset part of the cost of individually purchasing coverage.

#30     Nov 29, 2010