Coronavirus watch South Korea top Doctor

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KCalhoun, Mar 31, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Subtitled, long dry but well worth watching, South Korea top expert.

Main takeaways that USA politicians don't tell us are:

SK containment success is LARGELY due to everyone wearing masks in public

Also they use phone geo tracking apps to enforce quarantine

Neither is likely to work in USA culture, so many more deaths will occur here

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Hey Ken,

Many many years ago when I first arrived in South Korea...I was told that people wearing masks there was a courtesy to protect me and others. It's part of the culture to ensure that they do not spread germs to those around them.

The stores / shops commonly stocked the N95, N99, or a N100 rated mask while offering other less known masks by artist that made it big business for street vendors. Also, when I say part of the culture...I say that because the masks became a form of "art" or like part of the fashion.

It was not only just South Korea. I saw the exact same when I would travel and vacation in Japan whenever I was on leave or vacation.

In contrast, wearing these types of masks to stop the spread of viruses is not part of North America culture. The culture here in North America and Europe is to cover the mouth/nose with our hands whenever there's a need to cough or sneeze.

Yet, in North America / Europe...if you know you're sick (bad cough or the flu)...you'll see people sneeze into a handkerchief, napkin, paper towel but unfortunately those that use such are holding these things with their bear hands (no protection) and then you'll see these individuals "touching things" with those same hands even though they had coughed or sneezed into the hanky.

I myself develop the habit of wearing surgical masks when I lived in South Korea and continue to do such after returning back to France and then the U.S.

People in North America would look at me very strangely even though I was not sick. It was just a habit and courtesy to others around me that I had develop while living abroad plus I thought (still do) it was artistic. In fact, when I lived in South Korea...my girlfriend at that time had the most beautiful masks I had ever seen. To her...it was a fashion statement to go with her earrings and fashionable boots.

Not once did I develop a cough, sneeze, running nose, flu or anything until around 2010 when I stopped wearing medical masks. Years after, in 2016, not wearing medical masks almost cost me my life when I contracted Pneumonia and the Clostridium Difficile...two deadly infections.

In fact, a year out of the hospital...rehab patients, doctors, nurses, other patients and strangers I would meet assumed in error I was a "cancer patient" until I would explain to them what had happen to me and my living abroad in Asia.

After returning home, I've started wearing medical masks again whenever in public. Now in the Covid-19 era, nobody laughing at me nor asking me silly questions about my medical mask wearing because they now understand it's more than just a courtesy...its common sense now if you want to survive and/or not make a love one and others sick or worst.

It's now viewed by others as a life saving tool when it should be viewed as a courtesy and part of the culture like in South Korea / Japan.

By the way, the only time I do not wear them is at home, exercise or during competition.

P.S. After Covid-19 was declared a Pandemic...I donated my 5 boxes of N95 / N100 masks to my girlfriend (a ICU nurse and her co-workers) because there was a shortage of masks and can continue to be as such at her hospital.

Sadly, I believe after Covid-19 becomes history...wearing medical masks will not be part of the North America culture to have such in abundance even in the hospitals nor by anyone walking on the streets.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    cesfx and KCalhoun like this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Hi, thanks for sharing that, fascinating story. I didn't know that re masks fashion style, my wife tells me masks are commonly used in Japan as well.

Interesting re preventative use, hadn't considered that. Good to hear you recovered.

Right re hard to get masks used regularly in western culture.

4. In all the Asian countries I visited masks were quite common when someone did not feel 100% or it was just rainy season (which is a big thing in those tropical climates where you go from damp humidity to A/C offices and homes...lots of flu).

Except for their subways where they are packed like sardines, they in general are socially distant outside the house which helps culturally to follow these current rules as it is not big drastic change to daily life except maybe the staying home. Also Asians are not big culturally on challenging authority especially if it is medical/scientific backed.

The U.S... we are all free wheeling cowboys who love to hang out in large groups, cough and sneeze on each other, major public displays of affection, hate when we are told we cannot do something even for health reasons, and love to show defiance publicly (i.e. gathering in large groups at a park when we are told not to), not to mention we travel all over freely regularly (look at the spring break trackings of where people went).

They had a noticeably cultural advantage in dealing with this issue over us.

wrbtrader and KCalhoun like this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yeah, exactly. Also, that cultural advantage involving how they view the use of medical masks looks like it has saved them trillions of dollars in trying to save their economy and people.

wrbtrader

KCalhoun likes this.
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Asian culture is great, humble yet advanced, shy conforming yet fearless work ethic and top quality, I could live in it for centuries and still miss most of the subtleties.

I was a TQM consultant, quality management before getting into trading. Very difficult to adapt Asian process improvement methods to stubborn western workplaces

7. easymon1

easymon1

Treatment Regimen: As Follows.

1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/virus-update-the-cytokine-storm.341751/#post-5042455
    2. ZPAC Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
    3. Zinc sulfate 220mg Daily

We treated 699 patients in New York with above regimen
    ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations~! Vladimir Zelenko, MD

treated 699 patients ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations~! VZ, MD

cued up ready

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko MD, Family Medicine, 745 State Route 17m
    Ste 770, Monroe, NY, 10950 (845) 782-0000 My Out-Patient COVID-19 Coronavirus

Treatment Regimen: As Follows.

1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/virus-update-the-cytokine-storm.341751/#post-5042455
    2. ZPAC Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
    3. Zinc sulfate 220mg Daily

We treated 699 patients in New York with above regimen
    ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations~! Vladimir Zelenko, MD

Hydroxychloroquine, Drug class: Quinoline, Immunosuppressive drug and anti-parasite
    can treat and prevent malaria. It can also treat lupus and arthritis. Related Medications,

Plaquenil, Mefloquine, Chloroquine (Aralen),
    Quinine (Qualaquin) Pyrimethamine (Daraprim), Quinidine

Practicing Remotely

---
    The Hydroxy treatment appears to be working so far! In an exclusive interview, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares with us a preliminary study outlining that out of his 699 patients treated, he has had ZERO deaths, ZERO intubations, and four hospitalizations.

In today's episode of Common Sense, Dr. Zelenko breaks it down and gives a lucid explanation of the rationale behind his treatment. If you have been following the COVID-19 outbreak, this is a do not miss!

---
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323696#what-is-intubation

Potential side effects and complications of intubation include:

damage to the vocal cords
    bleeding
    infection
    tearing or puncturing of tissue in the chest cavity that can lead to lung collapse
    injury to throat or trachea
    damage to dental work or injury to teeth
    fluid buildup
    aspiration

---
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_respiratory_distress_syndrome
    ards.jpg
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/virus-update-the-cytokine-storm.341751/page-2#post-5054636

8. DT-waw

DT-waw

https://www.foxnews.com/health/do-surgical-masks-protect-against-coronavirus

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51205344

Do people have any idea how INCREDIBLY SMALL viruses are? comparing to holes in the mask? Its like a human entering through a 5 miles wide slit.
    No mention of air humidity or UV radiation. Madrid and Lombardy are both not humid comparing to other METROPOLIES in the world and they have pretty high UV index. While having 1000x higher mortality vs most other countries. So you think masks prevent Asians from Italian and Spanish mortality. Do they also wear masks en masse in India, Brazil and Australia and Mexico? How naive. How many more trillions the Fed must print and give to carefully selected corporations for a baby-boomer to begin to graps how the world works?

9. easymon1

easymon1

halloween masks work pretty well for their intended purpose.
    masks to deter viral infection, i'm not informed but for the wearer it would stand to reason that a mask that lacks a seal to the face of the wearer would be less effective than a hazmat suit wouldn't it? those level 4 jobs are even better than a burka which is prob as effective as a surg mask.
    so any articles that address the effectiveness would be good to take a look at if this thing gets up to speed in ya'lls neighborhood as vincent price would say.

here's a puff piece to get started...?

https://www.wired.com/story/its-tim...a8bb57-2df4-413f-a267-aa35678c4d61_popular4-1

“Make any kind of a mask … and use it immediately and at all times,”
    who the hell wrote this, some boomer?

10. easymon1

easymon1

American Medical Association Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients

CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.

https://lenbilen.com/2020/12/14/ame...n-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-covid-19-patients/

Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.

However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.

So, there we have it. HCQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azithromycin and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

#10     Dec 17, 2020