Coronavirus lockdown sex is the best we’ve ever had

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Apr 8, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Coronavirus lockdown sex is the best we’ve ever had
    By Melkorka Licea

April 7, 2020 | 3:14pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

More On:
    sex and relationships
    How to spice up your sex life during the coronavirus quarantine
    Nearly half of US women say they were never given the ‘sex talk’
    Maintaining healthy relationships while living in self-isolation
    Coronavirus is making couples sick — of each other: Lawyers see divorces surge

In the age before quarantine, Denise and her husband of 14 years were in the grips of a serious dry spell.

“We hadn’t had sex for almost two years,” the 36-year-old Charlottesville, Virginia, resident tells The Post. “We had just fallen into a rut … and our marriage was on the rocks.”

With their three teenage boys, opposite work schedules and nearly no alone time, the sexless couple had pushed their erotic desires to the back burner.

That is, until the lockdown of lust started on March 20.

“We ended up having one of the best nights we’ve ever had in the bedroom,” says Denise, who declined to share her last name for privacy reasons. “And we’ve rebuilt our marriage to a whole other level because of the quarantine.”

While many couples are struggling to even tolerate each other’s presence during social distancing, others are taking advantage of the extra time alone to get extra hot and steamy. About 13 percent of adults nationwide admitted to having more frequent sex in the past few weeks, according to a March 30 YouGov poll of more than 24,000 adults in the US. And sex experts say the isolation titillation is natural thanks to a sudden freedom from daily stressors.

see also
    upload_2020-4-8_5-33-19.gif

You are your safest partner: City gets graphic in coronavirus sex memo

“The way things are today with work and our phones, people are so disconnected,” says Brad Salzman, a New York City sex therapist. “But now, people are forced to spend time together and are using it as an opportunity to enjoy each other … and that naturally leads to the desire to be together sexually.”

Before the coronavirus struck, Denise, who works as a grade school teacher, would typically be out of the house from 6 a.m. until 5 p.m. and then studying for a master’s degree in behavioral analysis for the rest of the night. Her husband, who works the graveyard shift as an IT administrator, leaves for work at 11 p.m., so the two rarely ever shared a bed, even on weekends.

“There were a few kisses here and there, but nothing significant and passion-filled,” says Denise. It was nothing like their earlier years together, when they’d shared a robust collection of sex toys and “had sex before he left for work, during lunch, after dinner — constantly.”

But when Denise’s work was put on pause, the couple’s libidos reignited — with the help of a little liquid courage.

“One night, we started sipping on adult beverages and one thing led to another,” says Denise.

The following weekend, the couple — whose toys had been collecting dust — decided to test drive a new Pure Romance vibrator.

“The excitement both of us had that night took me back to when we were dating,” says Denise. “Everything was new and fresh again.”

The next morning they vowed to never let their love life go limp again.

“I was like, ‘Well, that was a lot of fun,’ and he was like, ‘Yeah, we should do this more often,’ and that set the stage for the future,” says Denise.

Enlarge Image
    Ashley Thournout and Andrew Rodgers.Courtesy
    Ontario couple Andrew Rodgers and Ashley Thournout weren’t struggling sexually before quarantine. But after two weeks in isolation, their “sex life has gone off the charts!” says Rodgers. “We went from having sex three or four times a week to two or three times a day.”

Before lockdown, Rodgers, 54, and Thournout, 35, who are polyamorous, each had separate partners they were seeing outside their relationship, and they also lived with a third woman they were both dating. Now, it’s just the two of them in quarantine — with no outside distractions — and their excitement for one another has skyrocketed.

“Having the time to go about sex at your own pace as opposed to ‘OK, we have an hour here and an hour there,’ gives us the freedom to try all kinds of new things,” says Thournout.

For starters, the couple transformed their basement into a full-fledged sex dungeon they call the “play room.”

“We have this big box of toys we’ve collected over the years, with things like floggers, paddles, wrist restraints, blindfolds that I got out and I added some common household items … like kitchen knives,” says Rodgers.

To round it out, he laid out some blankets, picked out a sexy outfit for himself and threw on Thournout’s favorite singer, Marilyn Manson, to set the mood.

“It’s been amazing … having the space to really focus on what we want has really ignited the spark,” says Thournout. Plus, “I get to wear whatever I want wandering around the house” — often a short kimono and cheeky underwear — “and he’s loving that.”

It didn’t take any fancy toys or lingerie to get Bed-Stuy resident Ariana to appreciate being locked indoors with her hubby.

“The time of day we can do it is usually more limited because of work hours, but right now we can just have long, weird sex even when it’s 3 p.m. on a Tuesday,” says the 29-year-old, who did not share her last name. “I’m really loving the variety.”

And it’s not just partners powering up their pleasure.

Kit Richardson, a sex educator at the Museum of Sex, says she’s turned on by “sexting with someone you may never meet.” She also enjoys talking on the phone with strangers: “Quarantine has turned me into the quaran-queen of phone sex!” says Richardson. “There are some accents that really get me hot and bothered.”

“COVID-19 could have been the biggest c–kblock of the century,” she says, “but I see it as a time to get sexier than ever.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/coronavirus-lockdown-sex-is-the-best-weve-ever-had/

2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Great way to put spin on a shitty situation. Would that also apply to a husband amd wife locked in a cell for 6 months?
    I think divorce lawyers will be very busy. A man doesnt belong home, he is a hunter by nature and needs to be out hunting, not shacked up with a chick 24/7.

3. In other news: https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/condom-shortage-looms-as-coronavirus-shuts-down-production/

dealmaker likes this.
  4. It's interesting, thanks!

5. mlawson71

mlawson71

These two people seem to be an exception, since the baby boom expected after the lockdown didn't happen, if anything in many places the birth rate seemed to have crashed post-lockdowns.

dealmaker likes this.
  6. The coronavirus pandemic has brought its own correctives to everyone's life. I was afraid of a lockdown, as I just broke off relations with my girlfriend. I was afraid that I would not meet anyone. My friend showed me the site https://isexychat.com/chatrooms/general-chat/ and I decided to find my destiny. I met my current girlfriend and we talked for a long time. After the first meeting, we realized that we would never part.

7. In China the divorce rate went waaay up after the quarantine.. :)

8. mlawson71

mlawson71

Isn't that the case in many places? I mean, enforced cohabitation day in and day out probably fractures further relationships that already had problems.

9. flkopeoi

flkopeoi

It's interesting